• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arizona congresswoman shot

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    I suppose a Mexican cannot understand:
    Now you are being a racist!

The "National Guard" is NOT a militia; by definition a militia is all countrymen 'of age' who own weapons for protection of the nation.
    By whose definition?

I don't own guns; I wish I could. Many Disabled American Veterans have been forbidden from owning guns - just recently, isn't that a good idea?
    Excellent idea, it just didn't go far enough.

Disarm all your trained warriors so the enemy can easily invade.
    I do not presume that someone in the US military is a trained warrior.

I'm ugly and old.
    Even more reason for you not to own a gun.......like me.

Could you have served in Vietnam or Korea? I could, and did.
    I have said many times on this forum, I refused service in Viet Nam, an unjust war. I chose service in the Peace Corps in Tonga instead and served very proudly there, along with uaifi.

Carrying guns is an individual choice, not a political imperative, however, it is the Democratic faction in America that is against gun ownership. Wake up.
    Carrying Anthrax is an individual choice, yet it is a political imperative, and against the law in most cases. I am part of the democratic faction in America that is in favor of very strict gun control. It is a democracy, right? I do have a right to be in favor of strict gun control, right? Or are you in favor of restricting citizen's right to protest the unmitigated proliferation of gun owning nuts in lieu of restricting gun ownership itself? (that's really not a trick question) You and those who agree with your position have the upper hand right now. So why such angst?

Arizona has a very LIBERAL position on gun ownership, yet that fact did not stop this sensless crime. I know, next you are going to tell me that you are in favor of making it mandatory that everyone carry a concealed gun!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

"Two years before the Tucson massacre, the Department of Homeland Security warned in a report that right wing extremism was on the rise and could prompt "lone wolves" to launch attacks. But the agency backed away from the report amid intense criticism from Republicans, including future House Speaker John Boehner.

The report, which warned that the crippled economy and the election of the first black president were “unique drivers for rightwing radicalization and recruitment,” described the rise of “lone wolves and small terrorist cells embracing violent rightwing extremist ideology [as] the most dangerous domestic terrorism threat in the United States.”

Dept. of Homeland Security, Dept. of Home land Security, ummmmm........that rings a bell. Oh yeah, that's the left leaning, LIBERAL organization instituted by Dubya Bush!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

12:43 PM ET Rand Paul: 'Weapons Don't Kill People,' Individuals Do

In one of the first salvos of what is sure to be a heated debate over America's gun laws, Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) weighed in on Saturday's tragedy, saying that the actions of accused shooter Loughner don't reflect on U.S. gun laws.
        Paul was quick to condemn the act of violence and to offer his prayers and thoughts for the shooting victims during a "Fox News Sunday" interview. That said, he argued, the shooting was an outlier that does not necessarily reflect systemic regulatory problems.
        "It's probably about a very sick individual and what should have been done for that person," he said. "But the weapons don't kill people. It's the individual that killed these people."

Right on cue.........from the mouth of babes comes this NRA cliche.

Comment

http://www.examiner.com/post-partisa...shooting-photo
          time for some balance. this links shows that the Dailey Kos a progressive websit has used the bullseye in it campaign to oust certain moderate democrats. they are not alone it seems several entities have used martial imagery to advance their causes. i dont think it places any blame on what a crazy gunman does.
          whatever political belief this lunatic embraces and he seems pretty confused and in coherent, he may not even know....from being a fan of "mein kamp" to the "communist manifesto " to evidence found of him disliking this senator back in 2008 before obama and before the healthcare bill it is clear he is just plain nuts.

he is on th efringe regardless of his beliefs and he doesnt represent the mainstream right or left.
          Last edited by escondido100; January 10, 2011, 05:24 PM.
          the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by escondido100 View Post
            he is on th efringe regardless of his beliefs and he doesnt represent the mainstream right or left.
            You miss the point. He legally obtained a gun. A semi automatic gum with something like 33 bullets fired automatically.

Enough is enough.

Comment

Amazingly, Sarah Palin STILL has her "crosshair" map posted on FaceBook. 4th on the list: Gabrielle Giffords. Tagline, "17 more to go". What's up with that mentality???

http://www.facebook.com/notes/sarah-...0/373854973434
              Last edited by Amati; January 10, 2011, 06:22 PM.
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                Amazingly, Sarah Palin STILL has her "crosshair" map posted on FaceBook. 4th on the list: Gabrielle Giffords. Tagline, "17 more to go". What's up with that mentality???
                Heh-heh... you used "mentality" and "Sarah Palin" in the same posting... heh-heh-heh...

Comment

Its on the wire that the Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket memorial services in Tucson for the victims. Tucson locals plan to shield mourners from the blight with angel wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                    Its on the wire that the Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket memorial services in Tucson for the victims. Tucson locals plan to shield mourners from the blight with angel wings.
                    WBC was discussed on page 2 of this thread. Whatta sickening bunch of losers they are.

Comment

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/01...fter-giffords/

Interestingly, at the end of the article, Ailes references a left wing produced picture of himself with a bullseye on his face.

Maybe that's where Palin got the idea. Or not?

Guess we can put that one to bed for good.
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com
                      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

AFAIAC, the less said about the WBC, the better. They crave any and all kind of attention and publicity. Being jeered at and the target of everyone else's scorn,... that's exactly the kind of reaction they expect and desire. The one thing they don't want is indifference.

The quickest way to get rid of 'em is for everyone (the media and general public) to simply ignore them.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Speaking as a father of a lovely 9yo daughter, I can honestly say that were the WBC to protest in my time of grief, there is a good chance I would respond in a less than appropriate fashion.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                            http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/01...fter-giffords/

Interestingly, at the end of the article, Ailes references a left wing produced picture of himself with a bullseye on his face.

Maybe that's where Palin got the idea. Or not?
                            Was that picture of Roger Ailes with the bullseye anywhere near as widely seen and disseminated as Sarah Palin's map with the gunsights? Can you post a link leading to that pic of Ailes' face w/a bullseye? I've tried looking for it online, but I can't find it.

Guess we can put that one to bed for good.
                            With an apples to oranges comparison? It's nice to dream.

Speaking as a father of a lovely 9yo daughter, I can honestly say that were the WBC to protest in my time of grief, there is a good chance I would respond in a less than appropriate fashion.
                            As disgusting and repulsive as I find those WBC folks to be,.... if they conduct their protest in a peaceful and legal manner, they do have that right in this country. So sez the Bill of Rights. You know, that same document gave us the 2nd amendment.

The 2nd Amendment is a real thorn in the side of some folks. Darn that constitution.
                            And so it is for the 1st amendment, Tim.
                            Last edited by Frankie's Market; January 11, 2011, 10:52 AM.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I looked for that picture of Ailes too with no success.

Sometimes the 1st Amendment can trigger the 2nd Amendment, which is perhaps the exact situation taking place in AZ.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Sometimes the 1st Amendment can trigger the 2nd Amendment, which is perhaps the exact situation taking place in AZ.
                                And whenever that happens, then a national debate rages on exactly what the 2nd Amendment allows for private citizens to possess, which is going to take place in Congress.

I can see weapons designed for self-defense or hunting (i.e. bolt-action and single-fire rifles and handguns) being legally available for civilian purchase. OTOH, I don't see any legitimate reason for a private citizen to own an assault weapon like the 9mm Glock. Those kinds of firearms have one purpose only. To slaughter dozens of people in the blink of an eye. I have the feeling that something similar to the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban might be instituted on a permanent basis. Even the federal lawmakers who are in the pocket of the NRA (Republicans and Democrats) are going to be under severe pressure to come to some sort of compromise with the anti-gun faction. After what just happened in Arizona, holding firm to the status-quo will be seen as simply being pig-headed and stubborn.

Comment

Working...
                                X