Fringe bites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fringe bites

I'm singing at Fringe Bites this Saturday, January 22 at The Venue in Chinatown. Tickets $10 presale or $15 at the door. Support local artists and get your tickets in advance at: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/145095

Fringe Bites is a jam session, where artists get 10 minutes to showcase their original work. The result is an action packed three hours of zany, weird, dramatic, poetic, musical, comedic and fantastical entertainment.

Confirmed Fringe Bites Theatre Artists from Hawaii in the January 22 lineup include storyteller Jeff Gere, performance artist Robert Reed, theatrical teller Brian Shaughnessy and theatre artists Tara Compehos and Ben Moffat.

Companies bringing Dance and Circus Arts include Pas de Deux Hawaii, Giinko Maraschino, Eric the Professor with the Pandemonium Side Show, Kachuzi the clown, R(e)Volve Dance Company with illuminated hula hoop dancers, and Heeraa Sazevich of Ecstatic Dance Hawaii.

Visiting artists include tall teller Eric Wolf, from Brother Wolf Storytelling in Yellow Springs Ohio, and a very special troupe from Nanakuli High and Intermediate School Performing Arts Centre who will present the Musical Theatre piece that they intend to take to Edinburgh. The NPAC, as they are known, under the direction of Robin Kitsu, has been selected to represent the United States and perform at the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland in August 2011 as part of the American High School Theatre Festival (AHSTF). The Edinburgh Fringe Festival is the largest and most prestigious arts festival in the world. Over a thousand performing companies attend, and the whole city becomes a stage.

Awards will be given for Funniest Show in Bites, Best Young Artist Award, Old Geezer Award, Fusion Art Award, Best Bites Dance, and Audience Choice. Emcees for Fringe Bites at The Venue will be Tim Bostock, Cyrina Hadad and special guest...
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Re: Fringe bites

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
    The result is an action packed three hours of zany, weird, dramatic, poetic, musical, comedic and fantastical entertainment.
    Wow, sounds good. I wish I could go. Will the six year old kid with the ukulele who sang "I'm Yours" on You Tube be there?

Good fortune to you in your performanance, amiga.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Malo 'Aupito, Matapule!

I'm guessing you're asking about Noa Gottesman (http://www.hawaiiactors.com/profile/NoaGottesman) but I didn't see his name on the list of performers. It IS a 21+ event so I don't THINK he'll be @ Fringe Bites but the Nanakuli High kids are performing early in the evening so who knows?

I'm excited to see what everyone else does and I'm nervously trying to find songs that might appeal to the crowd. I want that Audience Choice award. Haha!
      Last edited by kiwidiva; January 19, 2011, 12:24 PM.
      My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Break a leg, KD!

Comment

Mahalo, TutuSue! All went well and I think those in attendance enjoyed the variety of acts that performed. It sure was a diverse mix of performers. I look forward to the full Fringe Festival Nov 11 - 20, 2011. http://www.oahufringe.com/

Comment

Working...
          X