Ebert Presents: At the Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebert Presents: At the Movies

Roger Ebert returns to PBS, this time hosted by Christy Lemire (of the Associated Press) and Ignatiy Vishnevetsky (of Movies.com) in the Sneak Previews format he pioneered in the 1970s. There will be regular correspondence from a small group of Ebert-picked critics, plus one essay per show by Ebert himself, spoken through computer software using a voice formed by wave patterns of Ebert's own speech.

Did anyone catch this week's premiere? Like almost all shows of this ilk, on-screen chemistry will be just about everything, and you can see Lemire and Vishnevetsky still finding theirs. I liked what each had to say, especially Lemire. I'm willing to give them time. The Ebert voice thing will take some getting used to, but I am really happy that he's participating in this way.

I'm on board. TiVo's already set to record it every week. The website will have entire shows for viewing online eventually, too.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Ebert Presents: At the Movies

I saw it this afternoon. Apparently, it airs Fridays and Saturdays. It’s nice to have critical voices back again (no pun intended). I like the format. Looking forward to more in the coming weeks.

Comment

Working...
    X