RIP Jack LaLanne, 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Jack LaLanne, 96

If any of you younger folks don't recognize the name, Google him, probably Wikipedia first.
    An incredible man has left us.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: RIP Jack Lalanne, 96

Typo in the thread title -- his name is actually spelled Jack LaLanne. Any of you moderators can fix that, it would be appreciated.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Re: RIP Jack LaLanne, 96

yup; glad he lived to a ripe old age...
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I met Jack a couple of times. He retired in Morro Bay on the Central Coast of California. I owned a business in the area and he came in a couple of times (also Sandy Koufax from the Dodgers who retired locally). Both were nice enough guys. Jack's wife was named Elaine LaLanne, say that three times real fast!
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

He practiced what he preached...
          He walked the talk...
          And every other applicable cliche.
          RIP, Jack.

Comment

In an age when weight training and athletics overemphasizes bulk and mass, Jack LaLanne exemplified a balanced and holistic approach to fitness and health. The man did not flex the biggest bicep, but his entire body was absolutely solid. Even into his 80s, he put many so-called pro athletes a quarter of his age to shame when it came to direct comparisons of strength and agility.

R.I.P. Jack. You were a great teacher in your lifetime. And thanks to the work you left behind, you'll continue to touch the lives of future generations.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

The first TV images I can remember were Howdy Doody and Jack's gang of pure white German Sheps, I was all about getting a dog after that. Loved sitting comfortaby watching him work out, whata guy.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
              X