Super Bowl XLV: Packers vs Steelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Super Bowl XLV: Packers vs Steelers

I just remembered -- the best ad was easily the two-minute ad that Chrysler did about the city of Detroit. That was awesome!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      Pittsburgh lost it because of their three turnovers, two of which led to touchdowns by the Packers. I wonder how popular Ben Roethlisberger is going to be now.
      Considering the horrendous situation Big Ben was in at the start of the season, only the "impossible-to-please" type of fans would say that Roethisberger didn't redeem himself to a large degree. AFAIAC, he has no reason to hang his head in shame, coming up 6 points short.

And, oh yes. One of those turnovers was a Mendenhall fumble.

Aaron Rodgers was great, especially given the fact that 5 major passes were dropped by the receivers. Not Aaron's fault.
      Even when things weren't going GB's way in the second half, Rodgers did not lose his composure. He doesn't make the kind of impetuous decisions that are costly. In this way, I think he takes more after Bart Starr than he does Brett Favre. With a young team, I think Rodgers is destined for more than one SB ring.

Fox kept saying the halftime show would be the best ever. Wrong.
      And the basis for that expectation was set on, what? What the FOX announcers kept saying? LOL!!! It's all hype. Just like every single Super Bowl game in history has been hyped as being the "greatest matchup" by whichever TV network happens to be carrying the event, no matter which teams are playing. The networks are paying big money to televise the game, as is Bridgestone Tires paying big bucks to sponsor this year's halftime show. Since the announcers are employees of the network, I don't think it's realistic to expect any of them to offer an honest opinion to the audience about a matchup that they think might be boring or lopsided. Neither is it likely (if they value their job) for them to make "ho-hum" remarks about the halftime show, even if that is exactly what they are thinking after watching the rehearsals. It's all about promoting viewership and ratings.

Overall, the commercials were big disappointments. The only one that got me to grin slightly was Joan Rivers being the new GoDaddy.com girl. By far the best commercial was the NFL's own spot at the start of the fourth quarter, featuring all the very old TV show actors and some animation.

The worst one was the Doritos spot in the first quarter. Some guy was eating some and had orange chips on his fingers, and another guy grabbed his hand and started sucking on the other guys fingers. Then the first guy wiped his hands on his pants and got some orange crumbs them and the second guy pulled off his pants and sucked the crumbs off of them.
      Ah, but I really liked the other Doritos commercial, with the guy using the Doritos crumbs as "healing" chips.

But overall, I agree. This year's set of SB commercials are very lackluster.
      Last edited by Frankie's Market; February 6, 2011, 06:19 PM.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

GB kept the game closer with dropped passes. They still covered the spread.

Comment

It was the most-watched TV show ever, with over 111 million viewers.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I was waiting for Aaron Rodgers to raise up the Super Bowl MVP trophy and say, "This one is for Brett."

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              Ah, but I really liked the other Doritos commercial, with the guy using the Doritos crumbs as "healing" chips.

But overall, I agree. This year's set of SB commercials are very lackluster.
              I was the opposite and liked the other one. Aside from that I completely agree with you.
              What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMVRmwlrvWg

Isn't this a Madonna video where she feeds a guy popcorn with her hand?

Comment

Working...
                X