Work at home jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work at home jobs

Anyone had any experience good or bad with work-at-home jobs advertised on late night TV? Any of them legit? They don't sound like it.

Or any HT folks out there doing cool jobs at home- computer-based or otherwise? Stuffing envelopes, etc. . . .

Re: Work at home jobs

I've been casually searching for this kind of thing myself, and I can't seem to find anyone who can say he or she actually did these jobs. Many people have friends who did them, but you know how it is with friends of friends: they don't really exist. Like you, I'd love to hear about someone's actual first-hand experience!
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
      Anyone had any experience good or bad with work-at-home jobs advertised on late night TV? Any of them legit? They don't sound like it.

Or any HT folks out there doing cool jobs at home- computer-based or otherwise? Stuffing envelopes, etc. . . .
      "Stuffing envelopes" and "legit." Sorry, but those two concepts just don't mix.

Here's a good article about the subject. The writer does a good job of giving you the red flags to help you distinguish between an honest-to-goodness job vs. a work-at-home scam.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Stuffing envelopes
        Some how I don't catch the logic of this. Why would a company spend money to send things to an off-site location so that someone can stuff envelopes? Wouldn't be most cost effective to do this type of task at their location?

Comment

In my opinion they are all scams. I recall one testimonial about one person purchasing a kit ot make fishing lures. Yes, the company did buy all the lures they could make. But after paying for the materials and associated costs, they made about 25 cents an hour. Yes, they could make "thousands" if the worked 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Don't be a victim!
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            In my opinion they are all scams.
            You're painting with an awfully broad brush. Surely, you don't mean to implicate genuine folks like:

Tom "Come To My Seminar" Vu

Don "The Easy Way To Make Money That I Stumbled Onto" Lapre

Seriously tho, Matapule is right. No legitimate job offer (working-at-home or otherwise) is ever made over an infomercial. And no legitimate job offer involves you forking over money first. Ever.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I work part time, when I want, and make some good money on the side. I am my own boss. I have professional degree which required 5 years of full time education at the university level. I have had a professional license for 40 years now. I work on the computer at home with CAD and also out in the field with clients. It is what I did when I was still "working." I enjoy it because it is more like a hobby now. I usually do only one or two projects a year by choice. I am working on a project right now that will earn me enough for all expenses for a one month sojourn to Hawaii for uaifi and me......which is going to happen soon.

The point is, it is difficult to find a home based job that will earn you a living by doing something that requires no experience and no education. If such a job were so easy, everyone would be doing it and then there would be no profit in it.
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
              X