Restaurants & Fast Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restaurants & Fast Foods

What places do you recommend others to go to, &/or not to go to. Why &/or why not??
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Restaurants & Fast Foods...

I recommend you not to go & not even try to go to Blazin Steaks near pucks alley, cuz their chicken is sooo dry!!. I wouldn't ever want to go back there & waste my money again!!.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Re: Restaurants & Fast Foods

Without knowning your food preferences it would be next to impossible to recommend anything. Speaking for myself I tend to eat at places that are either close to home or close to my work place and much as possible, either a take out or food court kind of place, mainly because I don't want to leave a tip or engage in conversation other than getting the order placed.

And far as trying to avoid places with lousy food and/or service that too is kind of problematic especially if one is judging on just one visit, the place could be short on staff or a training a new cook or batch of food had the wrong propotions of flavoring to it for that day.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
        [...]either a take out or food court kind of place, mainly because I don't want to leave a tip[...]
        I'm of the belief...esp. when I see a tip jar next to the cash register...that tips are appreciated because food service is still being performed; less of a tip, of course, because there is no wait staff. I see this at Subway, Jamba Juice, Starbucks and food trucks; not McD's, JitB or Burger King. Do food court vendors not have tip jars?

Comment

For drive-through Fast Foods I prefer Wendy's. Their prices are good, and they have the best chicken Nuggets in town. Burgers are great, too, better than the nearest competition.

For more healthy, less grease, there's Arby's roast beef sandwiches.

KFC always has tasted good, and now with grilled chicken is healthier.

Taco Bell has some inexpensive and healthy meals: bean burrito.

I like Blazin' Steaks steak plate - tender steak, rice and lettuce.

Subway has some nice combinations, I go about once a month.

I no longer eat at McD's (cardboard chicken, turf patties but the best fries!) or at Burger King (slimy burgers that slip off the bun). I ate at Jack-in-the box once, years ago, never again! (I don't even remember why).

K^
          Last edited by Kaonohi; February 13, 2011, 11:24 AM.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

http://www.yelp.com/biz/taes-teppany..._desc&start=40

Don't know how the link will work but I like

Tae's Teppanyaki on Makaloa alot. Ate there once a week for about half a year. Go occasionally now but still like it. Just moved on.

Now I Frequent Goma Tei almost weekly.
            You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Foodland, they have great ahi limu poke (w/some extra sesame seed oil), shrimp kim chee, key lime cheesecake, POG.
              That a good semi-healthy lunch, and it's faster than waiting in some drive-thru lines.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                I'm of the belief...esp. when I see a tip jar next to the cash register...that tips are appreciated because food service is still being performed; less of a tip, of course, because there is no wait staff. I see this at Subway, Jamba Juice, Starbucks and food trucks; not McD's, JitB or Burger King. Do food court vendors not have tip jars?
                I always leave something. Camille's on Wheels has a tip jar and she give them to her helper Paul.

Comment

If you're ever in Kona, order food from Rosa's Cantina. But get it TO GO.

Bartender (Star) is very unfriendly.
                  Manager is just a rehab with caring parents.

But if Star and Jimbo aren't there....Then have a terrific time.

Great music. Great Food. Great view.

But get it TO GO!
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                    I no longer eat at McD's (cardboard chicken, turf patties but the best fries!) or at Burger King (slimy burgers that slip off the bun). I ate at Jack-in-the box once, years ago, never again! (I don't even remember why).

K^
                    If I ever pull into a McDonalds, it'll probably be for their Sausage and Egg McMuffins. The only other item I'm willing to have on their menu is probably the Double Quarter Pounder. Everything else is crap.

As far as Jack in the Box (short of In N Out in California), it's my #1 nationwide fast food joint. Recall about a decade ago (or more? time flies), that there was an E. Coli scare at some Jack in the Boxes because they were doing the typical batch orders stuck under heat lamps. Because of this, Jack in the Box emphasizes their "we don't make it 'til you order it" slogan, ensuring heat and freshness. I haven't complained about a JB meal, but out here, it's mostly their service. The good thing about Jack's revised company is they are EXTREMELY responsive to feedback. If you have an order complaint or a coupon discrepancy, they will send you a coupon for a free item. I found this out when the server said buying a combo meal and an extra hamburger doesn't satisfy the "buy one X and get a free X of equal or lesser value." (So my combo burger doesn't qualify for getting a the exact same burger of lesser value?) The legitimate complaint was certainly enough to have them award me a coupon. I wasn't even expecting that.

Comment

Carl's Jr. has some good burgers. I'm fixated on the Western, with BBQ soz and onion rings, sans cheese, w/mayo, well done, $3.50. Looks and tastes like they flame grill. They also have fried zucchini slices w/Ranch that are good. That's the only fast food I'll do.
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                        If you're ever in Kona, order food from Rosa's Cantina. But get it TO GO.

Bartender (Star) is very unfriendly.
                        Manager is just a rehab with caring parents.

But if Star and Jimbo aren't there....Then have a terrific time.

Great music. Great Food. Great view.

But get it TO GO!
                        I would think that it's rather difficult to enjoy the "great" music and the "great" view for long if you're ordering to go.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                          I always leave something. Camille's on Wheels has a tip jar and she give them to her helper Paul.
                          Good to know! :-)

Part of my hesitation with tip jars is because I have no idea how the tip jar money is being distributed or for what the money is being used (because maybe it's not going back to the employees but is instead for general improvements for an establishment or for some other cause).

Comment

Love Wendy's but my experiences with the one on Puuloa (which I've only visited twice in the course of 8 years, due to negative experience both times) would lead me to recommend not going to that particular location.

The first time was because of both the inefficient and non-caring service, plus the food that was obviously sitting under a heat lamp too long, even though the restaurant wasn't busy.

The second time was due to service again (repeated my order THREE times when initially ordering, only to get the wrong food afterward!), plus being ignored when going up to order a second time.

I'm usually pretty lenient with food service, having many pals in the industry, but this place goes beyond my tolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by bjd392 View Post
                              As far as Jack in the Box (short of In N Out in California), it's my #1 nationwide fast food joint. Recall about a decade ago (or more? time flies), that there was an E. Coli scare at some Jack in the Boxes because they were doing the typical batch orders stuck under heat lamps. Because of this, Jack in the Box emphasizes their "we don't make it 'til you order it" slogan, ensuring heat and freshness.
                              Because the Jack In the Box on McCully is on my route to the freeway, I admit to eating there way more often than I should via drive-thru. Be careful if you order something from the "value menu" too late/early in the morning. I've driven away many times, only to bite into a hard, stale bun that obviously spent way too much time "tanning" under the heat lamp. This only seems to be the case with certain value menu items on certain days. Other than that, if you request something from the non-value menu, everything still appears to be cooked to order.

Comment

Working...
                              X