Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

References for custom metal work on Oahu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• References for custom metal work on Oahu?

Aloha,
    I haven't had much luck getting an email back from any shops I've found online and was wondering if anyone here has a suggestion for someone that does custom work with metal??

I'll attach Photos of the concept of what we're looking to ultimately accomplish, even if it looks different in the end.

Essentially we would need a sturdy stand, with a secure compartment to use with a mobile photobooth.
    inside we would place a remote-controlled camera and an imac computer (or other display screen) then on top we would mount a light.
    IF we could afford to do this at all, we might want to do some personal tweeks like a make the hole for the camera lens in the shape of a heart, and making it come apart in 2-3 pieces for ease of transport would also be ideal but at this point, we're just looking for ideas on who to start a conversation with.

Lastly, the photography equipment and other electronics we have, it's just the metal work where we're looking for some leads on affordable help in Hawaii.

Thanks for your time.

- jason
    255-7040
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 808shows.com; February 15, 2011, 12:29 PM.
    808shows.com / 808PhotoVault.com / Hawaiian Express Records...

Re: References for custom metal work on Oahu?

In order to make something from metal and do it in one instance you need to have a metal laser cutting machine or find craftsmen who have it. Laser cutting is a method of cutting out designs from this material. This is one of the coolest ways to bring an imaginary idea to life with accurate results. While it can be easy to carve a small design by hand, the cutter can do much more. You can successfully cut out multilayer inscriptions and designs that even a qualified person will find it difficult to complete.

Comment

Working...
    X