Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Could my apartment be illegal?

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    At some point, TG, it'll come time to ask yourself why you're attracting these types of people and situations in your life.
    I don't know TG at all, but I'd be willing to bet that it has to do with what she can afford for rent. Non-toxic situations cost more.

But you do have a good point.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
      I don't know TG at all, but I'd be willing to bet that it has to do with what she can afford for rent. Non-toxic situations cost more.
      Exactly. And for some reason, some people just draw certain people to them without any intention of it whatsoever. When I was growing up, I never got in trouble, had straight A's, and always obeyed my parents and teachers. But for some reason, the "bad" kids were always attracted to me and wanted to be my friend. I'm not as boringly good as I used to be, but I still tend to attract those types of people to me- girls, guys. I have no idea why. So maybe TG somehow puts out vibes she doesn't know about that attracts the crazy.

And from early experiences I've had, a tiny budget doesn't give you much to work with, and it's take what you can get or Tent City. These forums are a good place to air out frustrations, no? Or they use to be, with much less judgment. Why is everyone so quick to criticize these days? It completely sucks that TG fought the good fight, got out of a bad living situation the RIGHT way, just to land in a worse one. That seems more like bad luck than anything else. Sorry, sweetie. If you ever want to move to Texass, my door and the west wing of my house is always open to you.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
        [...]These forums are a good place to air out frustrations, no? Or they use to be, with much less judgment. Why is everyone so quick to criticize these days? [...]
        I don't consider my comment a judgement or a criticism, SG. YMMV. It was an observation and advice based on experience. I used to attract substance abusing men into my life when I've never had more than 2 glasses of wine in 24 hours (never even drank 'til I was 30!) and never abused any drug or used any illegal drugs. Why? I had to find that answer for myself...and I had to dig deep for it. Best thing I ever did. It was my responsibility to stop that pattern just like it's TG's responsibility to change whatever her pattern might be, whether she's causing it or not. It's a difficult concept for many people to understand yet it's a concept that I've found to be born in truth. Just my opinion...

Comment

My 'pattern' is apparenly "being chronically broke since moving to Hawaii". Im sure I could think up some more patterns....
          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
            My 'pattern' is apparenly "being chronically broke since moving to Hawaii".
            That's a tough one to change, I hear. Good luck.

And mainland folks wonder "how you could ever move away from paradise." Paradise comes with a high price tag.

Comment

I miss Paradise. But I can raise my kids and keep them healthy and educate them better on the other side of the earth.
              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                I miss Paradise. But I can raise my kids and keep them healthy and educate them better on the other side of the earth.
                I love Hawaii. My children are very healthy, because I use many of the different options that are available here to insure a healthy lifestyle. And my children are being very well educated here, because again I use many different options that are available.

Of course, many of those options come out of our family budget. But that is a choice we make. To offset those expenses, we might need to choose between a new sofa or a tutor? New carpet or an educational summer program? New giant TV system or less overtime work, so we can spend more quality time with the family instead of working to making purchases?

I'll take the old worn sofa, old worn carpet, and old TV, plus living in Hawaii!
                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                  I love Hawaii. My children are very healthy, because I use many of the different options that are available here to insure a healthy lifestyle. And my children are being very well educated here, because again I use many different options that are available.

Of course, many of those options come out of our family budget. But that is a choice we make. To offset those expenses, we might need to choose between a new sofa or a tutor? New carpet or an educational summer program? New giant TV system or less overtime work, so we can spend more quality time with the family instead of working to making purchases?

I'll take the old worn sofa, old worn carpet, and old TV, plus living in Hawaii!
                  Lovely post!

Comment

I honestly believe it's not entirely the State's fault for declining education. My wife worked for Head Start and one of the most frustrating parts of that job (Site Manager) was that no matter what you did for the kid, if the parents are not capable of teaching their children the basic tenants of western social living, the child will have a difficult time understanding western education.

Hawaii has some of the most diverse population, many who do not understand western idealogy. Now try running that square peg throu the DOE's round hole can be disasterous at best.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                    X