Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Cell Phone Health Risks

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110222/...ain_cellphones

Is it better to be safe than sorry by using one of those ear phones?

Re: Possible Cell Phone Health Risks

http://specials.msn.com/A-List/Healt...entid=28949216

News keeps getting scarier for cellphones use.

Comment

Scarier? No. Better.

Hang up and pay attention to traffic, the checkout line, etc.
      You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Well, we're tied to these cellphones now eh?!
        Gotta go blue tooth? Does that little guy in the ear prove less hazardous?
        Hmmm... Isn't the phone still nearby anyways?
        Last edited by Menehune Man; June 4, 2011, 10:54 PM. Reason: Add...
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

http://www.spinner.com/2011/06/03/pa...belle-assault/

One such health risk is talking on your cell phone and getting too close to Pattie LaBelle's luggage. Apparently the incident was enough to ruin an Army Cadet's career. I hope she and her thugs get what's coming to them, or at least cancer.

Comment

Patti's been an attitiude pig for a long time, let's hope her day of justice is soon.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by bjd392 View Post
              One such health risk is talking on your cell phone and getting too close to Pattie LaBelle's luggage. Apparently the incident was enough to ruin an Army Cadet's career. I hope she and her thugs get what's coming to them, or at least cancer.
              Richard King has no standing to claim wrongdoing by the bodyguards. It’s clear from the video that when they push the cadet away from the baggage, he pushes back. The driver even claims the kid PUNCHED back. It’s hard to tell from the blurry clip, but it’s clear he chose not to walk away, but to engage in a fight. Wrong move, kiddo, and very un-Cadetlike.

I have no sympathy for King. If this guy doesn’t notice a large group of line-backer size black men dressed in suits and carrying baggage for some fat diva who waltzes in to a stretch limousine right in front of his face, he’s not going to notice a bunch of Al Qaeda terrorists sneaking up on his squad. He’s a liability, and apparently the U.S. Army agreed since he was expelled from West Point.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Could you possibly blab from further up your butt? He was unprovokedly shoved from a blind side and responded as anyone would with a self-protective shove back, and barely so with no retaliatory punch ever thrown, in fact he was continuing to talk on the phone, then they mobbed him with punches.
                Jail for all the LaBelle scum, a career end for her, and $$$ to the victim.
                Then the she-pig poses with A-hole cops next to the guy's blood. Lot's of class all around... losers. Where's our boy, Toby, when we need him?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV3bMD4N0A8
                To make it even worse, stupid West Point has now kicked him out, and off he goes into combat action.
                Last edited by Ron Whitfield; June 5, 2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Sure there are other things one can do rather than have the "instantaneous reactive swing-back when someone randomly assaults you without notice." Some of these recent threads have been talking about having plans when random crimes happen to you, because people are seldom prepared for spontaneous acts.

Since airports are surrounded by cops all the time, I've been prepared for years to handle random airport violence (say, should I ever get mugged or assaulted at a terminal). I simply yell, "Officer needs assistance! Officer down! Officer down! Terminal #__" and immediately I have cops on MY side

That's more like having an Ace of Spades up your sleeve for worst case scenarios.

But, I suppose it's not the first time a King has been beaten on video. Crucify 4 LAPD cops for legitimate action, but praise Houston cops for inaction.

Comment

Cell phones might become the tobacco of the 1950's.

Comment

Sure there are other things one can do rather than have the "instantaneous reactive swing-back when someone randomly assaults you without notice."

I've been prepared for years to simply yell, "Officer needs assistance! Officer down! Officer down!

Crucify 4 LAPD cops for legitimate action.
                      This victim did not 'swing' back.

You better be prepared to do all that with fat fists pummeling your mouth.

You're actually defending Rodney's ruthless assaulters? They got merely a fraction of what they deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                        This victim did not 'swing' back.

You better be prepared to do all that with fat fists pummeling your mouth.

You're actually defending Rodney's ruthless assaulters? They got merely a fraction of what they deserved.
                        @Ron, In this thread I'm actually agreeing with you. My response was countering TuNnl's accusation that King should also be considered an aggressor because his arm "made a motion" that is being speculated and criticized my many.

Regarding the scumbag Rodney King, he merely got a fraction of what he deserved. However, my comment was more against the Houston PD for their behavior.

Not sure what that middle statement is trying to suggest. I merely need to scream "Officer Down" once. I may get a stiff lip, by my assailant(s) will be drawn down upon. I'm a pacifist by nature.

Comment

Not sure what that middle statement is trying to suggest. I merely need to scream "Officer Down" once. I may get a stiff lip, by my assailant(s) will be drawn down upon. I'm a pacifist by nature.
                          Cool, but per yelling for help, while maybe deep into his phone conversation King didn't really have much luxury of time to scream, which probably is not his nature, the first punch to his mouth came before he could fully consider the extent of the danger he was possibly in, way beyond getting a mere push.
                          And in bringing gun toting cops into the fray may not always go the way you intend, you the bleeding victim, could end up pounced on or even shot.
                          Last edited by Ron Whitfield; June 6, 2011, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Mobile Bliss

He was unprovokedly shoved from a blind side and responded as anyone would with a self-protective shove back
                            Speak for yourself, Ron. If someone shoved me in that manner, I would hang up the phone and call 911. No further physical altercation necessary. As I said before, the cadet decided to take matters into his own hands. He should be kicked out of the Army for that, as far as I’m concerned. Complete breakdown in discipline.

in fact he was continuing to talk on the phone
                            Here is the second stupid mistake made by the cadet. Instead of facing his assaulters, as you say, he continues to talk on the phone arousing further suspicion that he is not an innocent bystander, but perhaps coordinating a robbery or other crime via his mobile handset against Ms. LaBelle.

I’m really glad you posted this link. As the reporter in the video clip indicates, Houston Police identified Richard King as the suspect. Clearly, they do NOT agree with your assessment of the events.

To make it even worse, stupid West Point has now kicked him out, and off he goes into combat action.
                            Ron, someone like you is not qualified to determine the intelligence of West Point administrators. I think they did a fine job teaching this pathetic drunk cadet a lesson in discipline. Namely, his complete lack of it.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                            USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                              Could you possibly blab from further up your butt?
                              I knew you could, and would!

Comment

Working...
                              X