Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think Hawaii will be like 10 years from now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you think Hawaii will be like 10 years from now?

Oh yes, and our beaches will be at curbside because of global warming....
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
      More and more locals will realized they can't make it in Hawaii.

Honolulu Advertiser did a story call the Brain Drain back in 1997. Over the years, I can see more and more locals living on the mainland.

Good that I have company, but sad that they left (like me). And the next generation, some of them Hawaiian blood kids, have no connection to the aina. Hawaii to them is a place where people go for vacation.

Hawaii will become an island of foreigners and strangers. The rich will stay rich, and the poor and stay poor. Those who are stuck in the middle will have had enough.
      This will likely be accelerated by the damage done by Gov. Neil Abercrombie. In just his first two months in office, he has spent money like water, proposed increasing the size of government while cutting benefits to workers and creating new taxes to subsidize his administration’s lifestyle. State retirees will file a class-action lawsuit. Neil will encourage the legislature to raid every special fund at their disposal. Nurses, students, cellular phone consumers and others who exclusively subsidize these special funds will sue the state.

Ultimately, Abercrombie will cause the state to default on Hawai‘i state retirement system, which like many states, has unfunded liabilities in the billion$$$. Our bond rating will go down, which will create a domino effect of increasing our debt service obligation. Neil himself is probably sh*tting bricks (excuse my French) knowing that he will not get a federal bailout now that Tea Party Republicans control Congress.

Yes, the future is bleak. But hey, we did it to ourselves. (except me... I voted for Duke )
      Last edited by TuNnL; February 25, 2011, 12:07 AM. Reason: accuracy

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Honolulu will be like LA (if it ain't already)
        Hilo will be like Honolulu (Target moving in right now)
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
        X