Dead Can Dine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Can Dine

(Yes, I know "Dead Can Dine" is an irreverent thread title, but I hoped it might draw the curious among you to my question.)

If you had the power to bring a deceased famous individual back, simply for the opportunity to have a meal and one-on-one conversation with them, who would you choose?

I'll start with two of my choices: Fred Rogers & Carl Sagan.

Re: Dead Can Dine

Jesus Christ and Muhammad. I'd invite them to dinner at the same time to a table so small their knees would touch. Matapule would just sit back and enjoy the conversation. Li' dis
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      Jesus Christ and Muhammad. I'd invite them to dinner at the same time to a table so small their knees would touch. Matapule would just sit back and enjoy the conversation. Li' dis
      I wager they would be two old friends, and they'd probably turn to you and ask:

"Why does everyone misunderstand what we were teaching?"

Comment

Definately Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin, for, I hope, obvious reasons.

Two of the greatest, most progressive, yet most careful and calculating minds of their time, IMNSHO.

K+T+B
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Joan of Arc.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Great choices, everyone! What a dinner party it would be if we had everyone in the thread so far.

Emma Goldman and Martin Luther King.
            Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

Buddha and Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X