I know you are, but what am I? Flame warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know you are, but what am I? Flame warriors

Just thought I'd throw this out there. (And since this has to do with discussion boards in the most basic sense, hopefully I picked the section where this would be the most appropriate.)

Take a look at this characterization of message boards.

Which one do you identify with the most and why?
    And, looking at others' answers, do you agree or disagree? Which one would you pick for that person?

And based on this post, which one am I? Am I a "howler?" Am I a "howler" crossed with "fragile femme?" Or maybe...gasp!...I'm an "Imposter..."
    Last edited by AbsolutChaos; March 11, 2011, 11:26 PM.

Re: I know you are, but what am I? Flame warriors...

Still reading all my choices, so will get back to you...

Comment

Re: I know you are, but what am I? Flame warriors

Big Cat armed with a few Grenades. It's about as close as I can get to passive-aggressive. Been accused of being a couple others, but that's just because of the type they are. I have already easily labeled a few Xenophobes, Trogdolytes and Klaxons in here.

Comment

Looks like a nonstarter in this forum - we're all too nice to sling the mud required to make this a truly special thread.
        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

I would say that I started out as a "newbie" on a different forum, but I continued to be reborn as a "newbie" here on HT. (Kinda like moving to Hawaii almost nine years ago, which is what actually happened.)

Part of me feels that to really answer this question would require me to go through all my posts from the beginning and i.d. things that to me would seem like I was one type of flame warrior mutating into another type as time went on. Off the top of my head, without looking back at my posts, I'd categorize most under "Bliss Ninny..."

Another part of me feels that my flame warrior type depends on what type of mood I was in the day that I logged into HT.

Hence, it's a much more complex question than meets the eye.

Of course, there's always the case of self-perception vs. how others see you...

Think that "Therapist" lurks in me to a large degree, at least in my real life, but that's not necessarily the case online.

I understand the need to be a "diplomat," and perhaps I feel I often serve that role in my non-Internet life, so I'm probably less of a diplomat when allowed to "hide" behind my cyber identity.

Because of my self-identified short attention span, I probably would aspire to the position of "big cat." Of course, this might be influenced by the fact that I am, in fact, a cat-lover. (I like most animals, and don't worry, I respect dogs, but I fell in love with cats at an early age, and so they will always be my first love!)

Something I aspire to in a hopeless sort of way--"Ent!"

Comment

Working...
          X