Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP, Elizabeth Taylor

Another legend has left us.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: RIP, Elizabeth Taylor

As has her former husband/Senator, John Warner, according to an NPR blip. But I see nothing on google to back it up yet.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      As has her former husband/Senator, John Warner, according to an NPR blip. But I see nothing on google to back it up yet.
      He did a phone interview on the Today Show this morning. It was mentioned he wasn't feeling well.

Comment

A truly gifted actress, who's talent was oftentimes overshadowed by the events in her personal life.

R.I.P. Liz. Your legacy as an entertainer and humanitarian (esp. for AIDS patients) will surely never be forgotten.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Taylor and her then husband Richard Burton were frequent visitors to the islands, I saw an interview from the early 1970s they did on Channel 4 after they got off the airplane. They were enroute to Kauai to visit Howard Taylor, Liz' s brother. She was a Hollywood icon indeed.

Comment

You can see how stunningly beautiful Elizabeth Taylor was as a young woman in the retrospective clips of her career. No wonder my dad said that she was the most beautiful actress when he was growing up. I didn't believed him because I saw her movies of her older roles.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
              Taylor and her then husband Richard Burton were frequent visitors to the islands, I saw an interview from the early 1970s they did on Channel 4 after they got off the airplane. They were enroute to Kauai to visit Howard Taylor, Liz' s brother. She was a Hollywood icon indeed.
              I was at Matteo's in Waikiki one night & they were having dinner there. As I walked through the dining room, I got a good look at them and caught a smile from both. She really was stunning and those eyes really were violet! and Burton was pretty stunning himself - have to admit I looked more at him than her.
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Sad to hear of Ms. Taylor's passing. May she rest in peace.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

RIP. I've never seen any of her work, but she repped MJ hard.
                  Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

There was a photo tribute to Elizabeth Taylor at the end of today's The Simpsons as she was the voice of Maggie's first word.

Comment

Working...
                    X