Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawaii Geek Meet IV - HawaiiThreads Turns Seven!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii Geek Meet IV - HawaiiThreads Turns Seven!

Erika Engle has a story about the geek meet in today's Star-Advertiser, with a nice mention about Ryan organizing it and a mention about HawaiiThreads too.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Erika is so awesome. We've always talked about Hawaii Geek Meet, and how it often overlaps with KawaiiKon, and how wonderfully geeky her family is... and even though she won't be able to join us this year, either, she featured the event in her column (again)... without even mentioning that she might!

And yes, she mentioned HT, and most of the other participating groups, and for some of them, this column was their first mention in print!

I do hope to see some HawaiiThreads.com faces there, veterans and newbies alike. See you there, Sophie! I think those using public transport may be at an advantage on Sunday (though interestingly, both 'traffic' links Erika included have no mention of the "Run Like a Diva" event we're worried about).

Comment

I'm bringing a tent and a brand new 'geek meet' sign, a large blanket, a cooler, two cases of bottled water and a bag of ice, and two bags of tortilla chips (salsa to be acquired).

If you're bringing any heavy gear or equipment, the "Run Like a Diva" organizers say to be there 7:30-8:00 a.m. and to come in the Atkinson entrance to get access to the Magic Island parking lot closest to the site.

Everyone else? Just wander in, whenever, during hopefully a lazy, sunny Sunday. The park and streets should open up no later than 10 a.m.

See you there!

Comment

Another fun event! Big thanks to Auntie Pupule for both bringing hands down the best food (we went home with a dozen unopened bags of chips!), but for being our "enforcer," making sure everyone had nametags, making sure everyone ate, rallying everyone for a group photo (when I said it couldn't be done!), and even keeping a neighboring picnic in line.

I posted photos here, Kyle posted photos here, JurodaDigital posted a few here... and Nonstop Honolulu posted a gallery here.

Here's to Hawaii Geek Meet V!

Comment

I had a fun filled day walauing with everyone!

Mahalo Ryan!
            Last edited by 1stwahine; December 28, 2012, 07:53 AM.
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
              [...]and even keeping a neighboring picnic in line. [...]
              Hmmm...I wonder if that was the other picnic I was invited to! Same general area, same hours as HGM. Couldn't make either, unfortunately. Looked to be a great day to have a picnic.

Comment

I kind of wandered through it for a few while... photos.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

It was good to see you out and about, Mel! Nice shot of Aunty Lynn!

Comment

Working...
                  X