Meet Joe Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet Joe Black

This is a must see in my book. Please do if you get the chance... $10 at BlockBuster.

A wonderful love story, with other life consequences good & bad... very thought provoking about many aspects of our lives. Hope you have or will enjoy it!

YouTube Movie Trailer
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: Meet Joe Black

Seen this movie a long time ago. Haven't seen it latey. I only remember the quote that deals with death and taxes.

Comment

Saw it in the theater when it came out. Going in, I thought, "Anything with Anthony Hopkins is worth watching." Blaah!!! It was boring as hell. The late '90s was filled with this kind of existentialist crap. What Dreams May Come (Robin Williams). City Of Angels (Nicholas Cage).
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Whoa... sorry that you're so jaded FM as to call this movie boring/crap.
        Guess not enough explosions or tits eh?!
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I like that movie, it has stood up well. I'm not a big "love story" fan, but this one has enough other elements going on that it entertaining beyond just that. But it is definitely one of those movies that you want to see uninterrupted by commercials. (Yes,that is true of most movies.) But this one, interrupted, lets your mind wander too much into how much of a fantasy the story is. Best to not let that reality creep too much.
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            The late '90s was filled with this kind of existentialist crap. What Dreams May Come (Robin Williams).
            One man's crap is another's fertilizer.
            May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
              One man's crap is another's fertilizer.
              yup......what he (she?) said...........

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                Whoa... sorry that you're so jaded FM as to call this movie boring/crap.
                Guess not enough explosions or tits eh?!
                I did mention a predilection for movies with Anthony Hopkins. Strange that it would indicate that I am primarily looking for a lot of explosions/tits in my movie viewing.

There's a lot more to the man's career than playing Hannibal Lecter, y'know.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                X