Florida Quran burning - 7 die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Quran burning - 7 die

And the South does it again... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110402/...as_afghanistan
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Florida Quran burning - 7 die

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    IDIOTS! On both sides:

The burners, because it accomplishes nothing but to create hate reaction.
    The murderers, because it violates the book they are defending, and kills innocents instead of the so-called transgressors.

2012 is coming fast, and if the world is going to end (as some say) it's not hard to see how.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I was traveling on business last night, so I happened to watch TV for the first time in a LOOOOOOONG time, at a hotel. I watched Bill Maher say, "When did being stupid become in vogue?" More truth than poetry in those words! In my opinion, the "minister" should be brought up on charges of inciting. Of course, I don't condone what the religeous zealots did in Afghanistan.

Religeous zealots should all be put in a room and finish each other off so that the rest of us can have some peace.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

And the idiots keep on breeding. Sometimes forced sterilization seems like a good idea, but that's a whole can-o-ethical-worms.

I wonder how well the Gurkhas did against the mob, their rules of engagement, and the layout of the building/compound.
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
        "
        Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Religion is going extinct in several progressive European countries, people are walking away from needless superstition. Its ALL BS, all of it.

Comment

That preacher needs to be silenced.
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am getting immune to the levels of ignorance displayed by some people, just ridiculous, and sad.
              flickr

An email from God:
              To: People of Earth
              Date: 9/04/2007
              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
              God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                I am getting immune to the levels of ignorance displayed by some people, just ridiculous, and sad.
                Indeed. While religious zealotry drives a wedge between people, intolerance is a sad uniter.

Comment

If we are lucky the preacher will be moved by the spirit to go to Kandahar and burn a Koran
                  in the middle of the square without any NATO
                  FORCES protecting his ass.
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                    If we are lucky the preacher will be moved by the spirit to go to Kandahar and burn a Koran in the middle of the square without any NATO FORCES protecting his ass.
                    I was thinking this morning how brave he must feel, sitting safely in Florida, probably with armed body guards, while saying he was proud of it and would do it again while others are being slaughtered for his stupidity. He deserves to be woke up every morning with a beating.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Here is an interesting dscussion whether the Bible is true or not. If the minister in Florida judged the Bible by the same criteria that he judged the Quran, he should have burned the Bible too. It is not the two books that are the problem, it is how people use those two books to justify their actions, whether it be burning the Quran or killing UN workers.

If religion (or even lack of religion) makes people better for the common good, then religion is good. If it does not, as in this case, then it is not good. Matapule, for one, is not willing to fight the Crusades all over again.

There is no doubt in this matapule's mind that there are members of the HT ohana who use their religion (or lack thereof) and beliefs to make the world a better place. You know who they are. They deserve our support and admiration.
                      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I am not bashing anyone who holds any religious beliefs, but what I do find ironic is the amount of people that have been/are killed in the name of God, v. the name of Satan/the Devil, Beelzebub, so ons and so on.

No matter what religion a person chooses, I am under the assumption that the Golden rule is at the basis of it.

Religion is coming more and more the face of evil, so ironic.
                        flickr

An email from God:
                        To: People of Earth
                        Date: 9/04/2007
                        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                        God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                          Religion is coming more and more the face of evil, so ironic.
                          It's truly disheartening that "religion" seems to be used more and more as justification for bad actions - yet what Matapule says is true:
                          Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          ... there are members of the HT ohana who use their religion (or lack thereof) and beliefs to make the world a better place.
                          Just extend that to remember that it is people who perform these acts, in whatever name they choose, and the individuals are the ones to blame, not the religion as a whole.

Even though I am not a believer in "God," I recognize that there are countless good deeds, large and small, done "in his name" every single day. Without those actions, the world would be a far sadder place.

Comment

Sounds like you're speaking out of both sides of your mouth. Religious belief is cited as justification for both good and bad deeds (both are countless, and heaven knows how you determine which is which or whether one sort exceeds the other). If the motivating factor for any deed is a religious belief, and that belief is propagated by official religious agents, then the religious institution does bear at least some share of the praise or blame assigned.
                            Last edited by salmoned; April 3, 2011, 09:07 PM.
                            May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

The way to handle this would be for the families of all the victims of the resulting violence to sue the pastor, his church, and his parishioners for all the damages, the wrongful death, loss of consortium, physical injury, just bankrupt the guy and all his parishioners, keep them all in court for eternity, eternity in legal hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X