Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time Warner; New Software/Format

Default Re: Time Warner; New Software/Format

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    [...]OTW is in my building now fixing what I assumed to be storm damage but maybe others in this huge complex are having similar HD issues, too. I'll wait a day to call just in case everything returns to normal after OTW is finished.
    Meant to update this a month ago! Whatever the reason and whatever OTW did, the problems were fixed except the low volume issue on 1008. I didn't need to have a technician come to my place. A system reboot still takes 10 minutes, tho', confirmed after a power outage a half hour ago.

I just thought of it, I just wished &/or wish that they have a format in their software to either change to what we like & to have the option to change over to the old format or to the new one one. I ~ think.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Lightbulb Re: Time Warner; New Software/Format

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    OK, I changed the audio from HDMI to Dolby and now I have an on-screen variable volume control.
    I believe this is the key to those who continue to have problems with Oceanic Time-Warner. For those super-techies out there (like certain people in my family) who are using a Windows Media Center-certified computer to watch cable, you will not get a signal for UH pay-per-view or any other “sports package” channel for that matter. The only way to see and hear these channels is plug directly into the cable box.

It seems that Oceanic Cable either through incompetence or through deliberate intent, refuses to grant digital rights management (DRM) to any channel that you pay a premium for. As a result, HDMI will not work under any scenario except a direct connection from the cable box to television. If there are any lawyers on this board, I would be curious as to whether this is a legal practice. If you paid for the channel, shouldn’t you be able to output it to any device for viewing/listening?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Quote Originally Posted by TuNnL View Post
    If there are any lawyers on this board, I would be curious as to whether this is a legal practice. If you paid for the channel, shouldn’t you be able to output it to any device for viewing/listening?
    Not a lawyer, but I've hung around more then is healthy. What does the fine print on the license agreement/service contract say?

Today I sent an email to Time Warner regarding the graphic that pops up all the time covering the bottom 20% of my picture on digital cable. It is so annoying. This is what I told them,

I HATE HATE HATE the thing that pops up on my picture called the "banner". What a stupid feature. It blocks about the bottom third of the picture. If I stop the picture and want to advance frame by frame, I must press a button to remove the BANNER as well as the advance button for EVERY frame. If I want to back up and see slo-mo, there is your idiot banner. Did you create this service and then try to find something to make it worse? For any use the banner may be it is cancelled 100,000 times by it's annoyance and inconvenience. I pay a lot of money for digital service and it sucks because of the banner. Perhaps you could charge more for an upgraded service without the idiot f**king banner.
    You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12