X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEY!

April 17, 2011 Sunday

Just an update for you all.....

I guess I am glad that it was caught early, I will be going into surgery on Tuesday for a lumpectomy to remove a small cancerous cyst on my left breast.

I guess I am glad that my hubby continued to encourage me to go to my appointments & such, otherwise, I would have not have gone to them at all.

well, just an update for you all.

Aloha.

p.s. once I make it through this, I'll post another shocking story that you probably would not have believed with your own eyes.

(hopefully I will have more time to post that too.)

All I can say is, towards the end of that, is a happy ending.

Aloha.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: HEY!

Good Fortune, Serenity. Blessed Be.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Good luck with everything, heal quickly!!
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
        I guess I am glad that it was caught early, I will be going into surgery on Tuesday for a lumpectomy to remove a small cancerous cyst on my left breast.
        Hang in there, Serenity. You are not alone, and your prospects are excellent.
        My S.O. is in medicine, and I have seen (and experienced) some pretty amazing things with modern medicine. This is not to say it's always easy; sometimes rehab is more trying than the illness! There is always the situation of adapting to physical change, as well. I've got more scars than skin, I think.

Know you are not alone. You are brave to reveal your coming surgury to us - I've always been too chicken - but you are right. We are your community, and your emotional support. We hope to hear soon you are all healed.

K.
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Comment

Thank you all for the well wishes, good thoughts, & prayers for me. I truly do feel loved. Well, I will be off tomorrow (Tuesday). Thank you so much again .

Aloha. \m/
            Aches & Pains

Comment

My hubby & I took the the public transit (bus) to & from my appointment that I was soo tired on Monday (April 25th 2011). Any way, we had a chance to talk to the doct, & she said that they had found another very small cancer cyst on the edge (of the margin or something like that) that they would like to take it out, so, my 2nd surgery will be on May 3rd. very early too (8:30 am). sigh. . Then thereafter, I have healed, they were talkin about treatments thereafter. Either Hormonal (tablet form, for many years) or radiation. Does anyone here can help me to find a better treatments than those 2 (after a breast lumpectomy)? hope to hear from you soon.

April 26, 2011 Tuesday 9:45 PM Hawaii Time
              Aches & Pains

Comment

May 7, 2011 Saturday.

Well, I was suppose to have my 2nd surgery on May 3rd, but I ended up going on 4/27th, which I think is a Wednesday night, which fell to Thursday when I finally came home. It was an emergency visit that I had to go to on Wednesday, I had eaten 3 sandwiches, that is why they had to wait for me to digest, & able to operate on me Wednesday night. I had an internal bleeding on my left breast where I was operated on last, & at the same time, the doctor wanted to remove my 2ndery cyst (benign). They were able to patch me up Wednesday night, & I stayed 1 night, & went home on Thursday early after lunch. I could not stand for those who constantly wanting to draw my blood every morning, if it we not for them, I could have just staid more days (the financial counselor given me a paper work that allows the hospital to pay itself, I am mot sure what that is called). any way, I am not being billed for any visits/stays that is concurred. Then on 4/30th - Saturday around 11 am or around there, I had this awful pain which derived from the left back bottom of my ribs which made a half a circle to my left front bottom ribs, & I did not know why it was so painful, & my hubby drove me to the emergency hospital again, & they did a cat scan, & found nothing, & could only speculate that it could be nothing but a muscle spasms. The doctor that was working on Saturday Prescribed me cyclobenzaprine (for a muscle relaxant); which causes me to be &/or feel drowsy & dizzy, which of course I took at 7 pm, & I was out like a light thereafter. When I woke the next morning, the side affects fell over to that morning of Sunday which I did not feel up to going any where at all. Much later in the week, I called the doctor who operated on me (on Wednesday night) & I talked to him regarding the medication,doctor who operated on me & I talked to him regarding the medication, & I was told to not take it anymore, which I was glad. I just decided to stick to the ibuprofin that was prescribed to me long ago (this month). I will also have 2 more appointments this month of May - 12th & the 19th, I would guess to speak to me about regrading the treatments. To be honest, I would happiest if I wont ever have to take any treatments &/or radiation(s), I think it will be 1 treatment a day (for 2 minutes), straight 6 weeks, or 30 days w/o the weekends :-(. OH CRAP!!!. Then thereafter that (the radiation), I should take that hormonal pill for so many years. [which I forgot how long I am suppose to take it].

I still continue to have some pain off & on, & sometimes, it itches (on my left breast where the stitches/surgery is). I have not been able to do much house work, as the doctors told me not to do any strainous work at home. So, I don't. My hubby cooks for me & washes the dishes, & he helps me to carry the laundry basket down so we can work out the washing machine together (coin operated). Such a sweet guy :-). So I promised him that when I am better, that I will take over as much as I can. I hope I do get better soon too. sigh. I am getting tired of hurting. I was taking this Advil Liqui-Gels Tablet, I was told (before 4/19), that not to take it & to stop, it would thin my blood. Then when I had asked the doctors if I could take it again, & they said yes. When I did; one night, I all of sudden, made me dizzy right after eating, so perhaps, I was not use to it?. I just don't know. Perhaps, I was just use to the ibuprofin?. The muscle spasms that I had, finally went away. I was thinking that, it was the wrap that one of the doctor(s) had wrapped around me, which was constricting me, perhaps. I just have (some) moments of triggers of spasms on where I had my surgery is (left breast), off & on. I have this small lump slightly up above my surgery, which we went to see a doctor about, & she said that it could be a bruise, & it should go away eventually, & for me to keep an eye on it, & if it does gets worse, that I should call a doctor. I was just afraid that it may be the same as when I had that big bump on my left breast, which became an internal bleeding. so far it is just a bump, & it feels like a strained muscle bump , & has not grown any bigger, thank goodness. I will just continue to keep an eye on it, although, it is very irritating :-(. I am afraid that if I do anything remotely very small & not as streinious, like in picking up a jug of water (1 Gallon worth) [just on my or with my right hand] etc, that it may get worse :-(. I really don't want to go back to the hospital again by or through emergency etc. I hope I can start cleaning up my apartment soon. I have to definitely ask my doctor about that, my best bet would be, is probably that I can start thereafter my last treatment, perhaps. sigh. I hope I will feel better soon. I really don't want to take that stupid radiation, but if I don't take it, I may get it back. Although, around May 12th, we (my hubby & I ) will see about being able to get a 2nd opinion from that other doctor that we will see & talk to. (I hope it will be a success). Otherwise, strait to the drawing board - meaning that I will just be stuck with that STUPID radiation crap, which I hope NOT!!. I also don't want that dang C----r to come back either. Well.....

Aloha.

p.s. if you do reply to this, I will try to do my best to reply back to you at a timely manner, or when I can.

Thank you.
                Aches & Pains

Comment

I've been wondering about you Serenity, you've been on my mind. It sounds like you've had a few bumps in the road, but I have confidence in you that you can beat this thing.

Blessed Be.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                    I've been wondering about you Serenity, you've been on my mind. It sounds like you've had a few bumps in the road, but I have confidence in you that you can beat this thing.

Blessed Be.
                    Aww Than you soo much Matpule .

I will be going to Queens soon for a consultation regarding my radiation . have you or anyone here in H.T. have gone through what I have &/or had to go or under go radiation? would like to know your side to all that, please. Thank you. would you recommend radiation? ,
                    Aches & Pains

Comment

would you recommend radiation? ,
                      Serenity, I have had family members go through this. If I were you, I would give serious consideration to what my doctor recommends.......and then get a second opinion. My hunch is that both opinions will be the same.

Suerte, amiga.

Comment

Aww Than you soo much Matpule .

I will be going to Queens soon for a consultation regarding my radiation . have you or anyone here in H.T. have gone through what I have &/or had to go or under go radiation? would like to know your side to all that, please. Thank you. would you recommend radiation? ,
                        Your radiation is a bit different than mine. I was injected with radioactive "dye" 2 weeks ago, and according to my Geiger counter, I'm still radioactive. It scares me.

I don't know how your procedure works, whether it's irradiation or injectible radioisotopes, but it is scary.
                        I tend to trust the fumbling, inept doctors, because it is usually my last option. IF you know something better... check it out.
                        ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          Serenity, I have had family members go through this. If I were you, I would give serious consideration to what my doctor recommends.......and then get a second opinion. My hunch is that both opinions will be the same.

Suerte, amiga.
                          You are probably/will be right on the money in regards to being the same opinion, my next appointment will probably be either the 2nd or the 3rd opinion. That appointment I will be going to is for a consultation. Thanks for the reply back . I appreciated it.
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                            Your radiation is a bit different than mine. I was injected with radioactive "dye" 2 weeks ago, and according to my Geiger counter, I'm still radioactive. It scares me.

I don't know how your procedure works, whether it's irradiation or injectible radioisotopes, but it is scary.
                            I tend to trust the fumbling, inept doctors, because it is usually my last option. IF you know something better... check it out.
                            wow!!, sorry about that injection-radioactive . As far as I know, it wont be any type of injection, from what I hear; it will be just a verry bad sunburn (on my left breast side; that will ONLY take perhaps about 2 minutes each time) that can be treated with maybe an aloe vera ointment. I will be going to a consultation soon & to find out more in details about it.

I was first told that it may take 5 weeks, the later, since it was caught early, maybe perhaps I can only go for 3 weeks each day (w/o the weekend). between you & me, I am hopping/praying that it will be for 3 weeks; the shorter the better, the take hormone pills once I am done with the radiation. If I choose to stop the pills, I can, & risk it that it may come back again. .

At least mine wont be as bad as your was. I am very sorry they did that to you. I hope it dissipate sooner than later.

Well, thanks for the reply, I hope it dissipates soon. take care, & Aloha.
                            Aches & Pains

Comment

At least mine wont be as bad as your was. I am very sorry they did that to you. I hope it dissipate sooner than later.
                              Oh no, I didn't feel a thing except out of breath from the treadmill. They say my radioactivity is very temporary and not harmful.

Sorry if I mislead you!
                              ~ ~

Comment

Working...
                              X