Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HEY!

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    If you have Kaiser insurance, they will care for you no matter where your surgury was done.

Kaiser cares, it is 'no ka oi' AFAIAC! My experience.

If your primary Ins. is Kaiser, call them.

I wish I could give you immediate comfort, poor thing.
    Just cyber listening, helping in any way you can, & just being there for me, if you can, is all the comfort I need , just me knowing that some one cares, & not pushing me out, really helps a lot to me [BIG TIME!! ] . Thanks. .
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
      I am sorry to disagree, BUT, it seems like (TO ME), that HT has more to offer,
      You're free to disagree, of course, but there are no active HTers who are oncologists or radiologists. There is no one on HT who is qualified to offer the type of medical advice you're requesting. HT, which is a public forum, is not set up to offer medical advice especially when it concerns serious conditions. It would really be sad if someone searching on a specific condition found inappropriate info on HT, applied it and had something negative happen. There are all kinds of ramifications from that and that's not fair to Admin.
      reason why I say that, is the fact hat, I even asked my main radiation regular doctor, & all I got was nothin from her of which I already have at home that she recommends of which I already am using.
      Let me see if I understand you correctly...your radiologist recommended something, you're using it but you say you got nothing from her. Is that correct?
      You know the saying " I see your lips move, & all I hear is blah blah blah." its true!!. The doctor just kept blowing smoke my way, not really offering me anything better, AND that is coming from a professional doctor too. sheesh.
      There is the possibility that there isn't anything better to offer. Medicine isn't an exact science and doctors can't just fabricate the perfect medication that works for all people. It just doesn't work like that. As an example, I currently have a bacterial infection but I can't take antibiotics. It isn't my doctor's fault for not having anything else to offer me. She offered me the best medication available and I had to turn it down. Doctors aren't magicians.
      I was hopping that she could prescribe me something that REALLY can help, BUT she really didn't & couldn't.
      My guess is your doc would've if she could've. That doesn't help your situation, I know. Have you talked with any of your other doctors?

Perhaps, a support group & HT is MY only help, if nothing else that can actually help me out. I think there is one that is ONLY once a month at queens, (gee wiz, once a month,THAT really really helps.

But, thanks for letting me vent any way, if nothing else. I wish there is one on line for support that I can actually go to (every time). Then I would actually go to that instead. Does anyone know of one that I may not know of?
      This is an excellent idea but we don't know which online groups you know of. Please tell us which groups you have found while researching online? If you join one of those for daily support then the once a month group at Queen's would be great for person to person support.
      Just cyber listening, helping in any way you can, & just being there for me, if you can, is all the comfort I need , just me knowing that some one cares, & not pushing me out, really helps a lot to me [BIG TIME!! ] . Thanks.
      There ya go...that's what HT is good for.

ps...Sorry, I had to remove 3 of your smilies to post this.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        You're free to disagree, of course, but there are no active HTers who are oncologists or radiologists. There is no one on HT who is qualified to offer the type of medical advice you're requesting. HT, which is a public forum, is not set up to offer medical advice especially when it concerns serious conditions. It would really be sad if someone searching on a specific condition found inappropriate info on HT, applied it and had something negative happen. There are all kinds of ramifications from that and that's not fair to Admin.

Let me see if I understand you correctly...your radiologist recommended something, you're using it but you say you got nothing from her. Is that correct?

There is the possibility that there isn't anything better to offer. Medicine isn't an exact science and doctors can't just fabricate the perfect medication that works for all people. It just doesn't work like that. As an example, I currently have a bacterial infection but I can't take antibiotics. It isn't my doctor's fault for not having anything else to offer me. She offered me the best medication available and I had to turn it down. Doctors aren't magicians.

My guess is your doc would've if she could've. That doesn't help your situation, I know. Have you talked with any of your other doctors?

This is an excellent idea but we don't know which online groups you know of. Please tell us which groups you have found while researching online? If you join one of those for daily support then the once a month group at Queen's would be great for person to person support.

There ya go...that's what HT is good for.

ps...Sorry, I had to remove 3 of your smilies to post this.
        WOW!! , all I can say is, thanks for the reply .

I think I found one, & am still waiting to be open, as I had already registered. Thanks again. . Aloha & good night. 10:31 pm
        Aches & Pains

Comment

I notice no one has suggested the American Cancer Society. They have a local office, are experts and would be able to refer Serenity to support groups if that is what she wants.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            I notice no one has suggested the American Cancer Society. They have a local office, are experts and would be able to refer Serenity to support groups if that is what she wants.
            She didn't state which groups she's already contacted. Based on that, then we might be able to offer suggestions.

Comment

Sweet heavenly parental unit!

She didn't state which groups she's already contacted. Based on that, then we might be able to offer suggestions.
              Good call, susie Q2!

Coe one dear one, let us know what you HAVE tried and we can sort out things you may have missed.

Information is POWER, and the more you know the more you.... uh... someone come up with a rhyming verb, OK? (show? grow?)
              It's all lingustic manipulaton anyway,. so be true to your own self!!!!!!!!!!

1. Where do you want to go?
              2. How do you think you can get there?
              3. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us in mind. We are here to offer advice (someties not so good), but YOU must make the decisions.

We are just incompetent advisors.

Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Re: Sweet heavenly parental unit!

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                We are just incompetent advisors.
                And with us, you get what you pay for - garans.

Comment

HTers are limited in what we can offer as advice, because we are not professionals. Your physician(s) are the ones who can best help, or they make referrals to others who have the professional ability to help.

Remember that prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, herbals and supplements can interact with each other and with other substances. Your medical team is who needs to be helping you. Not casual posters on a public forum, who might unintentionally give you dangerous "home remedies".

If you feel your doctors are not responding to your inquiries, and if you are dealing with Queens, here is link that explains their staffing. Find the one that best describes what you need, and call Queens to speak with them.
                  http://www.queensmedicalcenter.net/p...alth-care-team

If you are dealing with Kaiser, try their customer service center for Oahu: 808-432-5955, and ask for a patient advocate or service coordinator.

And, as it has already been suggested, let us know what other resources you have tried (ACS, etc), and maybe someone will have an additional suggestion for a professional organization or group or individual that might be able to help.
                  Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Cancer support websites...

http://csn.cancer.org/

http://supportgroups.cancercare.org/index.php

I found those 2, & have registered.
                    Aches & Pains

Comment

My Letter...

To: Survey Processing Dept.

This is my very first treatment I have ever had, & I expected a lot from professional doctors that would help me along the way to make me comfortable & not to continue to let me wonder & say to my face "it's normal" or any type of bullsh!t that is told to me from professional doctors such as Doctor E. Bieniek in Queens Hospital (1301 Punchbowl St. Honolulu Hawaii 96813).

Yes granted, Doctor E. Bieniek did talk to me (Alone), although I wanted my husband there to be with me, & that particular day he just could not, for some unseen reason. I made mention that to her, & she said that she would reiterate EVERYTHING that she spoke to me again to my husband & I, the next day she saw us, BUT she did not!!. I had every faith & intention of her that she would speak to the both of us again, before my first treatment would start, when THAT NEXT TIME did come, I had forgotten all of the conversation that Doc. Bieniek had talked to me about.

So....

as each of 4 to 5 treatments were going by, I kept making mention that my skin was really hurting & bothering me from the inside of my skin, she keeps looking at me & my skin, to see any discoloration & saying to me & telling to my face "it's normal" etc, with no clue as to what the conversation had transpire!!.

Finally!!, the very last time I had spoken to Doctor Eva Bieniek, possibly on my 5th treatment that she had reminded me part of my conversation that she had spoken to me that I wanted a shorter time of 4 weeks of treatment, as oppose to 6 weeks, while all the while I was telling everyone that I know, that it was 6 weeks (30 working days worth) that I would have for my treatment, & still had no clue all the while I was having my treatment of the difference of dosage of 25% for 4 weeks versus 16% for 6 weeks, up until the last conversation I had with Doctor Eva Bieniek!!!. I always been making mention that I was having discomfort, & no reminder to as to why that is, but only the fact that "it is normal", etc. & she did not re iterate again like she promised me, & she did not explain to my husband & I the difference of dosage & possibly the difference of discomfort I may have!!!. I am very disappointed in my very own doctor, & I am very disappointed in the Queens Hospital on how it is handled, & it is suppose to be a professional company, & she is suppose to be a professional doctor????.

I was never given any copies of anything that is verbally explained to me at all!!!. I made mention to her that I really wanted my husband to be there with me while she explained to me about my treatments, & she did not complied to the next day meeting with my husband & I to reiterate ALL of what she talked to me about the next time she saw us!!.

My rating of over all for that, would be VERY POOR!!, (for the professionalism, & the company itself all together) and I am not very sorry at all!! I would not ever recommend her & this Queens Hospital/company to anyone at all, & when I do hear of it, or if when the conversation do arises about Queens & Dr. E. Bienik, I will make sure to explain to them of my BAD EXPERIENCE, and for them to look else where as oppose to going to Queens & having Dr. E. Beiniek as their doctor!!! I am very ashamed of it all at this point!!!. very poor indeed!!!.

My left Breast is inflamed very much, & it continues to hurt a lot!!, & I am, not given anything as to my discomfort, only that I should buy/use this type of product &/or is encouraged to said product to all patients. No help from my doctor what so ever, & no help from my doctor as to any research for me to help with my discomfort at all!!.

Aloha.
                      This is my first unfinished draft letter which will be sent out as soon as I am finished editing it & making spell check etc. So, it is pretty much ...

enough said to this all.

It will be sent out to the Survey Processing Dept. & to Queens.

As I was reminded after my 5th treatment, I was so angry!!

At this point, I don't care if I doubled everything &/or mentioned things twice. I will be editing some stuff before it is sent out. I am just showing you pretty much what went on. Thank you for letting me share this. Aloha.
                      Last edited by Serenity; June 10, 2011, 09:10 PM.
                      Aches & Pains

Comment

Using profanity in a letter of complaint isn't necessary. If you want to be taken seriously by Queens then substitute the word "bullsh!t" with something more appropriate.

Comment

Using profanity in a letter of complaint isn't necessary. If you want to be taken seriously by Queens then substitute the word "bullsh!t" with something more appropriate.
                          Thank you for that. I will be doing some editing & spell check before it is mailed out. I just wanted to show what went down, & I just didn't want to wait for the final touches of my edited letter. sorry.
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

Thank you for that. I will be doing some editing & spell check before it is mailed out. I just wanted to show what went down, & I just didn't want to wait for the final touches of my edited letter. sorry.
                            Ya know what, Serenity? It's a great stress reliever to pour out your angry feelings in the first draft of a complaint letter making it as ugly and profanity laced as you like. Then, wait a day. Go back and edit the letter until it states all the facts without the angry emotion. Often that takes more than one edit. But it's worth it as you will be take seriously by the letter's recipient. Good luck.

Comment

Ya know what, Serenity? It's a great stress reliever to pour out your angry feelings in the first draft of a complaint letter making it as ugly and profanity laced as you like. Then, wait a day. Go back and edit the letter until it states all the facts without the angry emotion. Often that takes more than one edit. But it's worth it as you will be take seriously by the letter's recipient. Good luck.
                              Awwww , Thank you very much. . Aloha.
                              Aches & Pains

Comment

Change of Doctor@Queens...

I Changed radiation doctor, (I talked to the doctor in Kaiser that recommended Bieniek, & I told her about Bieniek, & how I was treated) I guess that's the main thing that I was able to have a different doctor, even though its a Male doctor.. I asked for a woman doctor, when I asked about it, I was told that they don't have enough woman doctor, & one of them is on Vacation. I had to get one that was the only one on call that worked on my particular time that I usually go to. I guess they only have more men than woman in Queens. Although, the new doctor was far more informative than Bieniek ever was. The new doctor still can't really suggest anything more than what I already have & am using .

Ohhh, I will still intend to send off that letter when I am finish editing it. Have not gotten back to it, hubby & I have been busy with appointments & such.

My left Chest is still inflamed & seems to get worse each time I go, & I still have been getting the same answer to my problem(s) of sore muscle tissues . sigh.

I wish I didn't have to take the damn thing . GAWD!!.

I was given the number (bosom buddies) [or something like that], I was so busy today & had to wait on some calls that I could not get to it.

Hopefully soon.

Ohh, by the way... Bieniek has been in Hawaii as a doctor from the mainland for one year, so I was told, but she has been a doctor in the mainland longer than a year or so. Well, good for her :-/.

June 13, 2011 Monday.

Aloha.
                                Aches & Pains

Comment

Working...
                                X