HEY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Change of Doctor@Queens...

At least you are doing something, taking action. Radiation therapy is no fun, and the side-effects can be very distressing and debilitating, but you just have to power through it, unless you have another option.

For all we're worth, you got us here, and sounds like you now have access to a group for some comparison and some strategies. Go for it.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Please excuse....
      Last edited by Kaonohi; June 14, 2011, 11:32 AM. Reason: oops, duplicate post!
      ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
        At least you are doing something, taking action. Radiation therapy is no fun, and the side-effects can be very distressing and debilitating, but you just have to power through it, unless you have another option.

For all we're worth, you got us here, and sounds like you now have access to a group for some comparison and some strategies. Go for it.
        Awwww Thank youuuu!!!.
        Aches & Pains
        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

DAMN!!!.

Side affect of what I am having &/or what I may have .

http://www.aboutcancer.com/bre4b.htm

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/p.../Patient/page3

IT FRGN HURTS!!

Anyone got any idea at all?? How to help to keep it from hurting more?? my doctor(s) got nothing for me :-(.
          Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post

I was given the number (bosom buddies) [or something like that], I was so busy today & had to wait on some calls that I could not get to it.

Hopefully soon.

June 13, 2011 Monday.

Aloha.
            I couldn't call (bosom buddies) today. Hubby & I were so busy. Time sure flies too fast, but not fast enough for me (in regards to my radiation ). Hopefully sometime Wednesday (15th).

I am suppose to be finished sometime in July when ever 6 weeks is up.

Aloha.

June 14, 2011 Tuesday 8:50 pm
            Aches & Pains

Comment

Re: HEY!

[...]
              Anyone got any idea at all?? How to help to keep it from hurting more?? my doctor(s) got nothing for me :-(.
              Amati said it best, Serenity:
              Originally posted by Amati View Post
              HTers are limited in what we can offer as advice, because we are not professionals. Your physician(s) are the ones who can best help, or they make referrals to others who have the professional ability to help.

Remember that prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, herbals and supplements can interact with each other and with other substances. Your medical team is who needs to be helping you. Not casual posters on a public forum, who might unintentionally give you dangerous "home remedies".[...]
              You're medical questions might be better addressed to the specialized support groups that you've already mentioned. Unfortunately, if your doctor has nothing left to offer you, you may have to do what Kaonohi mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Amati said it best, Serenity:

You're medical questions might be better addressed to the specialized support groups that you've already mentioned. Unfortunately, if your doctor has nothing left to offer you, you may have to do what Kaonohi mentioned above.
                Thanks.
                Aches & Pains

Comment

The "Bosom Buddies", no longer exist :-( !!, although, I guess I will just have to try for those 2 website, if & or when I can. sigh!! :-(.

There is a "support group". BUT, the only meet once a month !! what~ever!!. SIGH!!. chau!!
                  Aches & Pains

Comment

Re: My Letter...

This is my first unfinished draft letter which will be sent out as soon as I am finished editing it & making spell check etc. So, it is pretty much ...

enough said to this all.

It will be sent out to the Survey Processing Dept.
                    I edited my letter, & took out that word : "B.S.", & it just got longer, who cares (if it is long), I just want to get it out there!!, AND once I am done with my radiation.. I will find an address &/or location for Queens, & I will send that edited letter off to them too!!.

ohhh, by the way, I may not come back again to this site, just F.Y.I. , until when evers again. This will be my last update, including that thread in regards to our junk fridge!!.

Have a good 2011. Aloha.

June 17, 2011 Friday 9:30 pm.

BYEeeeeee........
                    Aches & Pains

Comment

Thank youuu!!!

Ohh....

before I log off until indefinitely again...

Thank you sooo much for those who tried to help me, & to give me websites & such in regards to my radiation etc. (YEAH!!! you know who you are ) Thanks again soo much, that really means a lot to me!!!

bye. June 17, 2011 Friday 9:41 pm (2nd to the last post).

Aches & Pains

Comment

Re: Thank youuu!!!

Ohh....

before I log off until indefinitely again...

bye. June 17, 2011 Friday 9:41 pm (2nd to the last post).
                        You better be back!

Another option for chronic pain is a chronic-pain-management group. I went through one of these groups at Kaiser and was able to cut my pain medications almost in half.

There's always another alternative, another strategy, as long as you don't give up.

I'll tell you more privately.

K
                        ~ ~

Comment

Re: Thank youuu!!!

"Serenity has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
                          ~ ~

Comment

July 12, 2011 Tuesday...

Today is offically makes my last day for radiation , yes I finally made through, with the thanks MOSTLY to my hubby who have been there for me, & have been pushing me to go when the times I really didn't want to go, because I was in so much pain, that it seemed like everything I seem to throw at the doctors for me to use that I could not use !! At least now, I can use what ever the heck I want & no one can tell me I can't. HALE LUJA!!

Ohhhhh.....

I just wanted to thank those people here who tried to post & to some how help me, I thank you very much :-)!! Thank you to those who helped me, & you know who you are .

Aloha. :-)
                            Aches & Pains

Comment

I am sorry Kaonohi...

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                              "Serenity has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
                              I am very sorry about that. I clogged up my inbox for the longest time, with good reasons, too. I had a crazed b!tched out lady who would not stop sending me hate mail, & if I did report her, she may retaliated more back to me with a vengeance, so, that is why I just kept my inbox clogged up for the longest time, & NEVER cleared it up. I figure that kept me safe that way, & she could not send me Private messages, & if she wanted to, it would have to be in public view, & I don't think she wanted the whole world to see it, so, I figure, it was a win win all the way around . lol. See, Kaonohi, there is a purpose for almost everything I do . I am sorry for it being clogged up, though. chau. Aloha :-).
                              Aches & Pains

Comment

Anyone know: Does putting someone on your "ignore" list prevent their Private Messages from coming through?
                                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X