Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HEY!

Originally posted by Amati View Post
    You might ask your doctor, or the hospital/clinic dietitian or nutritionist.
    Queens (the radiation doctor) is closed today, I called , & I think the next time they are open is during the week .
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

My chest is stating to irritate me, & I feel the burn, between the numbers of 1 to 10 & 10 being the worsed, it feels like an 8, actually, & it is not fun feeling like that at all. . Anyone got any idea? what I can use? Hope to hear back from you soon.
      Aches & Pains

Comment

Did the doctor/radiation clinic send you home with any written information, instructions, or pain medication? It would be out of the ordinary for a medical facility to do a medical procedure without sending home with the patient some information on follow up care, and "what to watch for", and what to do if a problem develops.
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
          Queens (the radiation doctor) is closed today, I called , & I think the next time they are open is during the week .
          Try asking for the 'Advice Nurse.' That's what I do. They have access to standard interim treatment methods as well as advice regarding when and if to come into the hospital.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
            Try asking for the 'Advice Nurse.' That's what I do. They have access to standard interim treatment methods as well as advice regarding when and if to come into the hospital.
            unfortunately I did call kaiser advice nurse, & they really didn't give me much of a solution to what I already have. The advice nurse said something to the affect of, take an ibuprofin, if that doesn't help that I should take more, or get a higher dosage.(or something like that) what~ever!!. I am using an Aloe Vera Gel w/o the alcohol in it, but still does not help . I talked to a doctor (asian doctor- not my regular doctor) at queens after my treatment, he prescribed some medication, which he told e verbally what it was (I forgot the name, which I should have had it written down), then next thing I knew, it was something else totally different !!. [LORazepam 1mg/tab], so I left it at the pharmacy, & I called for my regular doctor to call, & she still has not called back, cuz she is in surgery, & she was suppose to call back when she is done. I will be going again today for my 4th day :-(. Maybe I will have a better medication either when she calls or when I see my regular doctor today. I gotta do it, just so that the damn thing does not come back!!, if I quit, it may come back, & perhaps even worse too :-(. I wish there was a better way than this, GAWD!!!.
            Aches & Pains

Comment

Just print out your postings on this thread from June 4th and after, and let your medical care team read it while you are there today. They should be able to help you with sound medical advice.
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Just print out your postings on this thread from June 4th and after, and let your medical care team read it while you are there today.

Thanks.

They should be able to help you with sound medical advice.
                I hope so. /I hope they can. I hope my regular doc. can help me out some how. My best bet, is that, they probably got nothing for me than what I already have & know . sigh.
                Aches & Pains

Comment

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayi...nked-to-cancer

hmmmmm, NOW, I am wondering, do you think coffee was a factor in my cancer? cuz, I was drinking BIG cup of coffee almost everyday (worth 2 cups in one). NOW, I am also wondering, that I was told that I would have to take a hormonal tablets thereafter my radiation is done, is that even safe?? I also ate some fish in the past. I hope I am not thinking crazy here . .AND there was that news about cell phones to being cancerous. I guess deep in my mind I wanted to know what the cause of it all, so I would know what not to do so it wont come back again from the same source. you know?.
                  Aches & Pains

Comment

unfortunately I did call kaiser advice nurse, & they really didn't give me much of a solution to what I already have. The advice nurse said something to the affect of, take an ibuprofin, if that doesn't help that I should take more, or get a higher dosage.(or something like that) what~ever!!. I am using an Aloe Vera Gel w/o the alcohol in it, but still does not help . I talked to a doctor (asian doctor- not my regular doctor) at queens after my treatment, he prescribed some medication, which he told e verbally what it was (I forgot the name, which I should have had it written down), then next thing I knew, it was something else totally different !!. [LORazepam 1mg/tab], so I left it at the pharmacy, & I called for my regular doctor to call, & she still has not called back, cuz she is in surgery, & she was suppose to call back when she is done. I will be going again today for my 4th day :-(. Maybe I will have a better medication either when she calls or when I see my regular doctor today. I gotta do it, just so that the damn thing does not come back!!, if I quit, it may come back, & perhaps even worse too :-(. I wish there was a better way than this, GAWD!!!.
                    Poor thing, you must be in such pain that you are in a panic. Lorazrpam is a generic name for Ativan - sound familiar? I hope by now (Monday) you have it straightened out.
                    Pain is a bitch, I know. I live with it daily, do what I can.
                    If you have Kaiser you have access to "Same day service" or "after hours service" where you don't have to go to the ER. If you can't see your doctor, try that.
                    ~ ~

Comment

hmmmmm, NOW, I am wondering, do you think coffee was a factor in my cancer? cuz, I was drinking BIG cup of coffee almost everyday (worth 2 cups in one). NOW, I am also wondering, that I was told that I would have to take a hormonal tablets thereafter my radiation is done, is that even safe?? I also ate some fish in the past. I hope I am not thinking crazy here . .AND there was that news about cell phones to being cancerous. I guess deep in my mind I wanted to know what the cause of it all, so I would know what not to do so it wont come back again from the same source. you know?.
                      Don't spend time worrying about the past. It will drive you nuts!

Cancer is widespread and is still being researched; we are learningmore each day, but don't lame your behaviour - it may have had nothing to do with your choices, so don't second guess it.

Your immediate goal is to deal with your pain. Since I don't know what radiation burn pain is like (deep? shallow?) I cannot offer medical advise.

Ativan is a tranquilizer/anti-anxiety medication. Likely your MD thinks you need to relax and stop worrying. The pain WILL diminish with time and proper treatment. You need perhaps a topical treatment (lotion) or mild anesthetic to control it. Your doctor should be available today - OR go to the same-day care I mentioned.
                      Listen to Amati, too. Themore informationthey have, the better they can do.

Let us know!

K
                      ~ ~

Comment

Poor thing, you must be in such pain that you are in a panic. Lorazrpam is a generic name for Ativan - sound familiar?
                        sorry, No .

I hope by now (Monday) you have it straightened out.
                        me too, thanks.

Pain is a bitch, I know.
                        Thanks. it truly is!!.

I live with it daily, do what I can.If you have Kaiser you have access to "Same day service" or "after hours service" where you don't have to go to the ER. If you can't see your doctor, try that.
                        Thanks.

The radiation is at queens, & I think (not sure), if I have questions about radiations & such (pains etc), I would probably have to call them. I hope kaiser would be just as helpful.

Aloha. :-)
                        Aches & Pains

Comment

Don't spend time worrying about the past. It will drive you nuts!

Cancer is widespread and is still being researched; we are learningmore each day, but don't lame your behaviour - it may have had nothing to do with your choices, so don't second guess it.

Your immediate goal is to deal with your pain. Since I don't know what radiation burn pain is like (deep? shallow?) I cannot offer medical advise.

Ativan is a tranquilizer/anti-anxiety medication. Likely your MD thinks you need to relax and stop worrying. The pain WILL diminish with time and proper treatment. You need perhaps a topical treatment (lotion) or mild anesthetic to control it. Your doctor should be available today - OR go to the same-day care I mentioned.
                          Listen to Amati, too. Themore informationthey have, the better they can do.

Let us know!

K
                          Thanks soo much , & will do. logging out now. will have lunch soon. Thanks again. 6/7/11 Tuesday 1:00 pm
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

Serenity, unless someone on HT is an oncologist or radiologist, HT is not the appropriate place to be asking for advice about cause, treatment and/or side effects. Those questions MUST be addressed to qualified medical personnel.

If you need a place to vent your feelings and are in need of emotional support then the folks on HT can often help by cyber-listening. In addition, too much researching online can turn up erroneous results not to mention ramp up your anxiety. You and everyone else who is handed a similar diagnosis will experience, and understandably so, a tremendous amount of anxiety. Why increase it reading info that may or may not be true? Write down your questions and ask them of your doctors. Have you thought of joining a support group for patients with the same condition?

Comment

The radiation is at queens, & I think (not sure), if I have questions about radiations & such (pains etc), I would probably have to call them. I hope kaiser would be just as helpful.

Aloha. :-)
                              If you have Kaiser insurance, they will care for you no matter where your surgury was done.

Kaiser cares, it is 'no ka oi' AFAIAC! My experience.

If your primary Ins. is Kaiser, call them.

I wish I could give you immediate comfort, poor thing.
                              ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                Serenity, unless someone on HT is an oncologist or radiologist, HT is not the appropriate place to be asking for advice about cause, treatment and/or side effects. Those questions MUST be addressed to qualified medical personnel.
                                I am sorry to disagree, BUT, it seems like (TO ME), that HT has more to offer, reason why I say that, is the fact hat, I even asked my main radiation regular doctor, & all I got was nothin from her of which I already have at home that she recommends of which I already am using.

You know the saying " I see your lips move, & all I hear is blah blah blah." its true!!. The doctor just kept blowing smoke my way, not really offering me anything better, AND that is coming from a professional doctor too. sheesh.

I was hopping that she could prescribe me something that REALLY can help, BUT she really didn't & couldn't.

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                If you need a place to vent your feelings and are in need of emotional support then the folks on HT can often help by cyber-listening. In addition, too much researching online can turn up erroneous results not to mention ramp up your anxiety. You and everyone else who is handed a similar diagnosis will experience, and understandably so, a tremendous amount of anxiety. Why increase it reading info that may or may not be true? Write down your questions and ask them of your doctors. Have you thought of joining a support group for patients with the same condition?
                                Perhaps, a support group & HT is MY only help, if nothing else that can actually help me out. I think there is one that is ONLY once a month at queens, (gee wiz, once a month,THAT really really helps).

But, thanks for letting me vent any way , if nothing else. I wish there is one on line for support that I can actually go to (every time). Then I would actually go to that instead. Does anyone know of one that I may not know of?
                                Aches & Pains

Comment

Working...
                                X