Bin Laden is DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bin Laden is DEAD!

Not an original thought - but someone posted somewhere that Donald Trump is demanding the release of the long form death certificate. (tee hee . . .)

this, as noted, does not end the terrorist threat - just as the release of the President's long form birth certificate does not end the birtherism movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Zovo View Post
      Does this mean I can take a tube of toothpaste on the airplanes again?
      I sincerely doubt it and expect security to continue to ramp up. Maybe even consider a toothbrush as a lethal weapon! And think what can be done with dental floss!

Seriously, I have a daughter traveling overseas right now. I won't rest easy 'til she's home in 8 days. And she's not even in the military. I have tremendous admiration for military family members who feel the way I do right now but experience that feeling for a year or longer knowing their loved ones are in harms way 24/7. We nailed the head scumbag but there are many others ready to jump in and take over where he left off. We can't be complacent.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        I sincerely doubt it and expect security to continue to ramp up. Maybe even consider a toothbrush as a lethal weapon! And think what can be done with dental floss!

Seriously, I have a daughter traveling overseas right now. I won't rest easy 'til she's home in 8 days. And she's not even in the military. I have tremendous admiration for military family members who feel the way I do right now but experience that feeling for a year or longer knowing their loved ones are in harms way 24/7. We nailed the head scumbag but there are many others ready to jump in and take over where he left off. We can't be complacent.
        Yeah. . . I was joking.
        Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

I am at a loss to explain, I cannot understand...the crawl on CNN reported Rush Limbaugh said "Thank God for President Obama". What could this mean? Surely there must be something more than would meet the eye. Not being a Limbaugh listener I am unprepared to explain the remark, if the crawl was accurate. Perhaps some cruelly ironic usage? Could he actually be sincere? Competence counts. At least it ought to.

Comment

Bin Laden's death does not pay for the hundreds of innocent lives lost to mindless terrorism at the will of the cult of al-queda. Nothing can.

I view it as a blessing, however, that one of the masterminds of pure evil can no longer plot against freedom.

I don't expect the restrictions of our liberties known as "security" will ever be relaxed; ever since the establishment of tighter airline security in the 1970's we have been on a slippery slope to more and more restriction, and I expect that to continue whether or not there is any reduction in terrorism. Some may view it as an inconvenience, but it helps us reach our destinations alive.

I heard that Bin Laden was "buried at sea." The announcer claimed that the U.S. wanted to accord his corpse with treatment according to some Islamic rule that a person should be buried within 24 hours, and also claimed that it was difficult to find a country willing to house his gravesite. I wonder how much of that is 'spin;' it is as likely that 'someone' wanted to be sure there was no grave or mausoleum where his followers could gather and work up their hate. I'm also sure that when the tinfoil hats (conspiracy theorists) get hold of this they will allege that he wasn't killed and the "burial at sea" is just a cover-up.

I'm glad he is gone; it was a necessary act. If we do not actively combat evil then we might just as well encourage it.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

It is amazing to hear all the "theories" popping up now, just silly.

Like when Saddam was "handled", this too is just more symbolic than anything. Does it change anything? Not in my opinion. He will be remembered as a martyr by his people, and will just add more fuel to the fire. Is the world better off with out him? Ab-so-frickin-lutely. The snake on this this one has many heads, Medusa won't fall easily. I feel for all those effected/killed all for the pursuit of this one man.
              flickr

An email from God:
              To: People of Earth
              Date: 9/04/2007
              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
              God

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                I am at a loss to explain, I cannot understand...the crawl on CNN reported Rush Limbaugh said "Thank God for President Obama". What could this mean? Surely there must be something more than would meet the eye. Not being a Limbaugh listener I am unprepared to explain the remark, if the crawl was accurate. Perhaps some cruelly ironic usage? Could he actually be sincere? Competence counts. At least it ought to.
                I took the time to listen to a re-broadcast on the Internet. It was a waste of time. The whole monologue was insincere and dripping in sarcasm. Limbarf credits Bush policies for getting Osama.

Pay no attention to this scumbag.
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

this is funny

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=osama&...h&z=16&iwloc=A

google maps, and the reviews are kinda funny.
                  flickr

An email from God:
                  To: People of Earth
                  Date: 9/04/2007
                  Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

There may be a tunnel to the nearby hospital to be found.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                      It is amazing to hear all the "theories" popping up now, just silly.

Like when Saddam was "handled", this too is just more symbolic than anything. Does it change anything? Not in my opinion. He will be remembered as a martyr by his people, and will just add more fuel to the fire. Is the world better off with out him? Ab-so-frickin-lutely. The snake on this this one has many heads, Medusa won't fall easily. I feel for all those effected/killed all for the pursuit of this one man.

Hydra. Medusa only had the one head.
                      Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

The celebrations throughout the country were like those sword & sorcery movies where the evil tyrant is killed and the townspeople celebrates.

Comment

Did Ol'Bammy really kick a door open like that after a press conference??

That's so cool!
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                            Did Ol'Bammy really kick a door open like that after a press conference??

That's so cool!
                            Fake...it's an edit by "The Tonight Show."
                            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Darn.....cuz THAT would have completely changed my whole opinion of the man.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com
                              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

“I’ve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure.”
                                -- Mark Twain.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X