Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Going Holo Holo (vacation travel)

Score! This is a funny one...

Many months ago we bought airline tickets for my wife to go to Fiji. (8/5 to 8/17)
    August 13th will be her 50th Birthday. Told her I wasn't going this time, maybe sailing with Don, not enough vacation hours, or something. Then yesterday I bought mine surprising her! Same flights of course. She's been singing Fijian songs around the house and is very happy that I'm going.

So, soon two weeks in Fiji... ahhh what a life!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I can't effing wait for the pictures!!!!! Have a GREAT Vacation, and get away with your wife, THAT IS AWESOME!

Not gonna lie, I am a little jealous, lol.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Matapule and uaifi will be going to Washington D.C. the last weekend in September to celebrate the 50th anniversay of the Peace Corps. The trip is being coordinated by a colleague Peace Corps Tonga volunteer (Tongan name Ingi) who lives in Kona. Many of the original Tonga I volunteers will be in attendance who will celebrate the 45th annivesary of the Peace Corps program in Tonga. Senator Inouye has a arranged a private tour and reception at the White House for the Tonga I volunteers, about 20 of us.

This will be our second trip to DC. We went about 20 years ago to attend the swearing in of a good friend into the Foreign Service at the State Department. He was a former Peace Corps volunteer in Mali.

We would like to spend more time at some of the Smithsonian museums this time. Any suggestions?
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          Matapule and uaifi will be going to Washington D.C. the last weekend in September to celebrate the 50th anniversay of the Peace Corps. The trip is being coordinated by a colleague Peace Corps Tonga volunteer (Tongan name Ingi) who lives in Kona. Many of the original Tonga I volunteers will be in attendance who will celebrate the 45th annivesary of the Peace Corps program in Tonga. Senator Inouye has a arranged a private tour and reception at the White House for the Tonga I volunteers, about 20 of us.

This will be our second trip to DC. We went about 20 years ago to attend the swearing in of a good friend into the Foreign Service at the State Department. He was a former Peace Corps volunteer in Mali.

We would like to spend more time at some of the Smithsonian museums this time. Any suggestions?
          If you need any DC tips, feel free to PM me.

As for the Smithsonian Museums, a favorite is the Air and Space(though the Dulles Air and Space is better, imo), the natural history, and American History are worth the visit.

Off of the mall, the Crime and Punishment museum is pretty neat, as is the Spy museum, but the Spy one isn't a free museum, like all the others.

The Monument remains closed, and will be for the foreseeable future, so don't rush in the AM to get tickets, lol.

The Newseum is really cool, and worth going to though it isn't on the mall. As well as the National Portrait gallery.

Hopefully, the weather will be cooling down a bit by then, so walking the city is far more tolerable.
          flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

I've often wondered what Holo Holo meant.

Was this person seriously going to try to find Taylor's Camp??? It's been gone for years since the Govt burned down all the shacks. There's no trace of it. But I do like this picture of Ke'e Beach:

~~~~~~
            Hanalei Bay Resort | Waipouli Beach Resort | Kuhio Shores

Comment

Originally posted by HanaleiRay View Post
              Was this person seriously going to try to find Taylor's Camp??? It's been gone for years since the Govt burned down all the shacks. There's no trace of it.
              I knew Taylor Camp was gone... knew it when it happened in 1977.
              Just wanted to go to the 'SPOT'. And enjoyed my time there!
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
              X