Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weiner Dog

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    This story is turning into the cyber version of the Tiger Woods debacle.
    Well, in not so “cyber” news, it appears Anthony Weiner has finally put it in writing. The Washington Post announced that Weiner has submitted a formal letter of resignation effective tomorrow.

Weiner’s resignation becomes official at midnight Tuesday, leaves House after tweeting photos

“I hereby resign as the member of the House of Representatives for New York’s ninth congressional district effective at midnight, Tuesday, June 21, 2011,” he wrote in a letter date Monday. “It has been an honor to serve the people of Queens and Brooklyn.” ...

... his congressional staff will report to the House clerk until a new representative is elected. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo could call for a special election at any time in the coming weeks.

House Speaker John Boehner and Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi had no comment on the letter. It was expected to be read on the House floor on Tuesday, leadership officials said.
    Alas, this may not be the end of this sad affair. In a television interview with South Carolina CBS affiliate WSPA-TV, local nightclub owner Jay Levy discusses Ginger Lee, who apparently performed at his club this weekend. Levy said sources revealed to him that “Lee” (real name Candice Raines) may yet be subpoened to testify before the U.S. Congress regarding Weiner’s dalliances!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

This may be old news, may have been already said,but my time is limited:

Males, when under the effect of sexual attraction, often drop their brains in the nearest wastebasket.

FWIW
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Or perhaps in their waist basket...

Comment

Breaking News: Congressman Anthony Weiner just announced he will run for President and has selected Attorney General Eric Holder as his Vice-Presidential running mate.
          Weiner-Holder in 2012!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
            Breaking News: Congressman Anthony Weiner just announced he will run for President and has selected Attorney General Eric Holder as his Vice-Presidential running mate.
            Weiner-Holder in 2012!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              Weiner-Holder in 2012!
              Actually, Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank has the inside track on that ticket.

This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Weiner looks and sounds like Jerry Lewis on steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                  ... sending tweets of oneself ... isn't being jumped on like the Weiner
                  Speaking of which, I swear this guy just continues to set himself up.

Texting again, Anthony?
                  Last Updated: 11:25 AM, June 26, 2011
                  Down boy — your wife is sitting right there!

Disgraced former Rep. Anthony Weiner — who had to resign after admitting to sexting with multiple women — went out to lunch with his pregnant wife Huma Abedin yesterday, but seemed to be more involved with whatever was on his BlackBerry.

Joe Tabacca/Sipa Press

USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...es-a-comeback/

He's back and kept it in his pants.

Comment

• Re: Weiner Dog

Well, that does it! I am all for redemption, but not for false rectitude. I wouldn't support Wiener for any office....ever. And what kind of denial is his wife suffering? These two people need to fade out to black and try to give their lives some kind of meaning in obscurity. Like moths to a flame they are addicted to the limelight. Neither is appropriate for the public's trust.
                      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                        These two people need to fade out to black and try to give their lives some kind of meaning in obscurity.
                        Maybe they too can rescue a family from an overturned SUV?
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50151499n

Carlos Danger is a username I had before.

Comment

Christine Quinn should be the one to quit, after how she gave real estate developers the green light to gobble up St. Vincent's Hospital and leave the west village without a hospital. I am a bit biased here, because I was a longtime volunteer at St. Vincent's Hospital, and enjoyed my experience very much there.

That said, I also don't like Weiner because I find his antics abhorrable. How could do that to his wife, while she was pregnant no less? It's guys like Weiner, Spitzer, and Mark Sanford who erode "traditional marriage".

If I were a voter in New York City, I'd vote for Bill Thompson. It's a shame he's not a frontrunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                              It's guys like Weiner, Spitzer, and Mark Sanford who erode "traditional marriage".
                              And Larry Craig, Vitter, John McCain, Michelle Bachmann, John Edwards, the list goes on ad nauseum.

If I were a voter in New York City, I'd vote for Bill Thompson. It's a shame he's not a frontrunner.
                              Interesting comments Vanguard. I have no problems with Bloomberg but I guess he is subject to term limits. I wish Congress were the same. Please keep us posted as the campaign progresses.
                              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

The Weiner thing is coming at the same time as the mayor of my town, San Diego, is being exposed as a boor and a bully. Its irritating as he11 because politically the guy is very close to 100 %, kind of like Weiner. How does anybody get the idea its OK to force kisses, tongue kisses, on others, or feel them up. I have as high a libido as anybody I know and have never once been tempted to abuse or exploit a power position. I guess it shocks us because it is so rare. It irritates me because the mayor probably should resign or be removed from office and the people waiting in the wings to replace him are well known lackeys of big downtown money. Alas

Comment

Working...
                                X