Beware "JZip"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware "JZip"

A business associate sent me a large file of photographs via email last Friday. He downloaded a "free" program from the Internet called JZip to compress the files. Before I could see the photos I had to download the same program.

JZip is a Virus!!!! It took control of my boot process, my browser, changed all my settings, etc. It is both a Spyware and Malware. I researched on the Internet using uaifi's laptop which wasn't infected. A lot of people have been tricked into downloading this program. Malwarebytes could not clean it. Then I found Ad-Aware. It is somewhat like Malwarebytes but I find it to be more thorough. It is a free program that can be downloaded from CNET. I had to run the "complete scan" three different times to thoroughly clean this insidious virus. A complete scan takes about 8 hours on my computer. A week later, I am finally back to where I was.

DO NOT download JZip. You will be in a world of hurt if you do.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Re: Beware "JZip"

Thanks! PKZip and Winzip and other programs are free and no "real" zipped files require a special program to handle. That's the tip-off.

Comment

Working...
    X