Shooting rampage on 06/03/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shooting rampage on 06/03/11

Latest development on this story from KHON.

A man accused of a deadly shooting rampage on Oahu will ask a judge for a reduction in bail and supervised release Wednesday.

Toby Stangel is accused of killing a mother in Kaimuki, shooting two other people on the H-1 Freeway, and firing at HPD officers in 2011.

According to the prosecutor’s office, Judge Kim will hear Stangel’s motion for supervised release and reduction in bail.
    Judge Glenn Kim... may I remind you about how Toby Stangel's previous go-around in probation turned out?

Did you read all that? All right.

Now prove to everyone in this state that all your years of legal education and judicial experience is worth more than a can of beans by laying down this decision: NO RELEASE of any kind. NO BAIL at any price.

Any other decision you hand down on this: I'll find out what your alma mater(s) are so I'll know where NOT to send my children.

Mahalo.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Re: Road rage & multiple gun victims

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      Gunman Toby Stangel pleaded no contest to previous felony firearms violation, but was not sentenced to prison. Instead, he was given 5 years probation, on the condition that he stay away from drugs and alcohol.

What happened while he was on probation? KHON reports:

Can you beat that? When he committed additional criminal offenses while on probation, Stangel did not get sent to prison. No! As a matter of fact, the judge REWARDED the man with an early discharge of the probation.

Looks like the lenient state judge syndrome strikes again.
      I am so sick of hearing about DUI deaths from driver with MULTIPLE DUI charges and thing's like this or child abuse and molestation because the judge didn't throw away the keys, I could puke!! I think the JUDGE'S should be locked away when this is disclosed. So many times more than not, the court system is an utter joke!!
      If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

It's a shame when a death in the family brings members of the family who are otherwise always to "busy" to have a gathering and then stand around "moping" how they wished this and that....

I would be speaking of how it is almost like "older days" in here with the gang's all here on this thread thing going on, LOL.
        If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Thoughtful comments.

A large industry thrives upon the continued presence of intoxicated drivers.

The lawyers,treatment centers, urine sample labs would take a big hit if
          the daily carnage stopped.

And the bankers who finance the car loans really don't want to repo the vehicle.
          Behind the scenes lobbyists blur this situation .

Comment

Working...
          X