Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Sarah Palin stupid?

Default Is Sarah Palin stupid?

No, she is so far beyond stupid that there is no word yet invented for her total futility as a living being, here's the latest
    http://beta.news.yahoo.com/blogs/ups...215549982.html

Default Re: Is Sarah Palin stupid?

Para Sailin' is a nincompoop. Anyone who voted (or will vote) for this idiot is a nincompoop, but I repeat myself.

This graduate of I'd a HO' State is a perfect demontration of why college is a bust for some - garbage in, garbage out.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Maybe she majored in collage in college, and merely missed her calling. But there's still time, when she's done reading all those periodicals...

She's smarter than your average bare.(Spellcheck won't work)

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

There are levels of stupid. But I think all politicians are stupid, some are simply stupider...um....yeah. Weiner falls into that catagory as well.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

She has some undeniable charisma, but she sure seems as dumb as two bags of hammers.

Look at the figures for leisure time around the world, Americans have about the least, even less than the Japanese who are noted for being very hard working. Yet the middle class is disappearing, the jobs are going over seas, vital services like education are going away, and its pathetic but this is what the middle class votes for every time it has voted for the much beloved Ronald Reagan, or that it falls for idiots like gw bush or Sarah Palin or takes the bait on the GOP's racist southern strategy or some irrelevant idiotic manufactured "issue" like gay marriage. Why do you think they cook up their 'positions' around focus group tables?

Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Weiner falls into that catagory as well.
    I'll betcha a Puka Dog that Weiner knows who Paul Revere warned on his midnight ride. And if you read the Weiner thread, you will note that it is increasingly reasonable to think that Weiner had nothing to do with the Twitter post.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Quote Originally Posted by Pohaku View Post
    She has some undeniable charisma, but she sure seems as dumb as two bags of hammers.
    Given the choices, I would prefer to elect Two Hammer Bags.

Para Sailin' goes double down on her wacky rewrite of history. Make that as dumb as a whole hardware store full of hammers.

Hey now, give the hammers a break will you, at least they have a use!
    Actually, Sarah serves a great purpose, to ram home the fact that cons will stoop to any level just to be in power, no matter how badly it damages this country.

There are levels of stupid.
    But I think all politicians are stupid.
    Weiner falls into that catagory as well.
    Sarah has consistantly mined new levels, and shows no signs of slowing down.
    All? No. Senators like Dennis Kucinich and Al Franken, and maybe a few other Dems are not stupid. But that's an awful small percentage.
    Observe one of the favorite tactics of con defense, immediately shout and point LOOK OVER THERE, OR OVER THERE! Just don't look at the real problem...

A few funnys from the Huff commentors...
    I especially enjoy how her voice gets all thready and rises in pitch as she says "ridin' his horse through town..." That's the moment where her brain has started to process just what it is her mouth has been busy doing for the last few seconds, and is charting out just how to get to the end of the sentence, or what passes for a sentence in Palinese, and is not enjoying the prospect of the terrain ahead at all, littered as it is with more warnin' shots, and them bells, and, and... "...and we were gonna be armed!" Whew! Nailed it!

If Sarah had made that ride instead of Paul, would anyone have understood what she was saying?

Seems like when she speaks from her niche, nook, or cranny, she is always covering her fanny.

Somebody feed her a pretzel, please!!
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; June 5th, 2011 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Observe one of the favorite tactics of con defense, immediately shout and point LOOK OVER THERE, OR OVER THERE! Just don't look at the real problem...
    All you have to do is yell, SQUIRREL!

At least Sarah Palin didn't think the British are coming was about Hugh Grant's what was he thinking moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    At least Sarah Palin didn't think the British are coming was about Hugh Grant's what was he thinking moment.
    Oh yes she did! I saw it in a "movie."

There's a problem when she thinks every question to her is a gotcha question.

She did get elected Governor and selected as the vice presidential candidate for one of the two main national partys. She must have done something right, because most of us won't be able top achieve that.

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

So this morning on NPR's All Things Considered, Melissa Block asked a very direct question to Robert Allison, Chaiman, History Department of Suffolk University about the accuracy of Palin's knowledge of Paul Revere's ride.

Judge for yourself but it seems NPR validated Palin's claim.

In a nutshell here's the smoking gun reply from Allison:

BLOCK: So you think basically, on the whole, Sarah Palin got her history right.

Prof. ALLISON: Well, yeah, she did. And remember, she is a politician. She's not an historian. And God help us when historians start acting like politicians, and I suppose when politicians start writing history.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaKine View Post
    She did get elected Governor and selected as the vice presidential candidate for one of the two main national partys. She must have done something right, because most of us won't be able top achieve that.
    Sex appeal? She can't even string words together to make a comprehensible sentence. She's a blathering idiot! And the fact that she was selected for anything shows how stupid many people are in the US. It is indeed a sad commentary.
    Last edited by matapule; June 8th, 2011 at 02:53 AM.

Judge for yourself but it seems NPR validated Palin's claim.
    Craig you are really grasping at straws. Yeah, she got the part right when she acknowleged there was someone named Paul Revere in American history. But everything else was wrong. I'm surprised she knew as little as she did! Nincompoop! And the "good professor" is putting his spin on what Para Sailin" said (could he be a Teapublican) just like those who tried to edit Wikipedia two days ago to make her nonsense historically accurate.
    Last edited by matapule; June 8th, 2011 at 02:59 AM.

Shout for Tina! http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/laun...=7kksurebu5k54

If you missed it, it's 6/7/11 'on Sarah Palin'.

When Revere was captured by the British, he claimed to his captors that there were plenty of patriots out there who might be annoyed. That's different than ridin' through the night, ringin' them bells and shootin' them guns to warn the British to lay off our shootin' irons. But you squint real hard at the facts, and put 'em up there all slant'ndicular, you might make that tenuous connection between fact and fantasy.

Palin isn't stupid. She's actually a savant.
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Quote Originally Posted by buzz1941 View Post
    Palin isn't stupid. She's actually a savant.
    You mean "idiot savant"?
    Savant syndrome (pronounced /səˈvɑːnt/[1]), sometimes referred to as savantism, is a rare condition in which people with developmental disorders have one or more areas of expertise, ability, or brilliance that are in contrast with the individual's overall limitations.
    Savant_syndrome
    Greg

In every haystack there's the possibility of finding a needle.
    Sure she got Paul's name right, little else. And that doesn't excuse the fumbling of an expiditious answer, one that the little girl who challenged Bachmann could've whipped right out, and not look like a totally frightened and confused deer in the headlight of a moped.
    A round of beers say's she can't spell, savant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    A round of beers say's she can't spell, savant.
    A round of matapule's homemade Cadillac Margaritas says she has never heard of the word........'ceptin' maybe she might say, "I ain't hirin' no illegal aliun savants to do my housework in Aridzona, you betcha!" (wink, wink)

She thinks she is qualified to be President of the USA. NINCOMPOOP!

No, to the original question, I think she's a bright girl. In interviews, she hasn't been perfect. Well, are you smart? How do you think you'd do on the national stage, with a troop of very knowledgeable, ideologically opposed, and antagonistic reporters circling and ready to pounce? Could you perhaps make an occasional mistake? Give the gal a little slack.
    Greg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast