Is Sarah Palin stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Sarah Palin stupid?

She did get elected Governor and selected as the vice presidential candidate for one of the two main national partys. She must have done something right, because most of us won't be able top achieve that.

Comment

So this morning on NPR's All Things Considered, Melissa Block asked a very direct question to Robert Allison, Chaiman, History Department of Suffolk University about the accuracy of Palin's knowledge of Paul Revere's ride.

Judge for yourself but it seems NPR validated Palin's claim.

In a nutshell here's the smoking gun reply from Allison:

BLOCK: So you think basically, on the whole, Sarah Palin got her history right.

Prof. ALLISON: Well, yeah, she did. And remember, she is a politician. She's not an historian. And God help us when historians start acting like politicians, and I suppose when politicians start writing history.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
        She did get elected Governor and selected as the vice presidential candidate for one of the two main national partys. She must have done something right, because most of us won't be able top achieve that.
        Sex appeal? She can't even string words together to make a comprehensible sentence. She's a blathering idiot! And the fact that she was selected for anything shows how stupid many people are in the US. It is indeed a sad commentary.
        Last edited by matapule; June 8, 2011, 01:53 AM.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          Judge for yourself but it seems NPR validated Palin's claim.
          Craig you are really grasping at straws. Yeah, she got the part right when she acknowleged there was someone named Paul Revere in American history. But everything else was wrong. I'm surprised she knew as little as she did! Nincompoop! And the "good professor" is putting his spin on what Para Sailin" said (could he be a Teapublican) just like those who tried to edit Wikipedia two days ago to make her nonsense historically accurate.
          Last edited by matapule; June 8, 2011, 01:59 AM.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Shout for Tina! http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/laun...=7kksurebu5k54

If you missed it, it's 6/7/11 'on Sarah Palin'.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

When Revere was captured by the British, he claimed to his captors that there were plenty of patriots out there who might be annoyed. That's different than ridin' through the night, ringin' them bells and shootin' them guns to warn the British to lay off our shootin' irons. But you squint real hard at the facts, and put 'em up there all slant'ndicular, you might make that tenuous connection between fact and fantasy.

Palin isn't stupid. She's actually a savant.
              Burl Burlingame
              "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
              honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                Palin isn't stupid. She's actually a savant.
                You mean "idiot savant"?
                Savant syndrome (pronounced /səˈvɑːnt/[1]), sometimes referred to as savantism, is a rare condition in which people with developmental disorders have one or more areas of expertise, ability, or brilliance that are in contrast with the individual's overall limitations.
                Savant_syndrome
                Greg

Comment

In every haystack there's the possibility of finding a needle.
                  Sure she got Paul's name right, little else. And that doesn't excuse the fumbling of an expiditious answer, one that the little girl who challenged Bachmann could've whipped right out, and not look like a totally frightened and confused deer in the headlight of a moped.
                  A round of beers say's she can't spell, savant.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    A round of beers say's she can't spell, savant.
                    A round of matapule's homemade Cadillac Margaritas says she has never heard of the word........'ceptin' maybe she might say, "I ain't hirin' no illegal aliun savants to do my housework in Aridzona, you betcha!" (wink, wink)

She thinks she is qualified to be President of the USA. NINCOMPOOP!

Comment

No, to the original question, I think she's a bright girl. In interviews, she hasn't been perfect. Well, are you smart? How do you think you'd do on the national stage, with a troop of very knowledgeable, ideologically opposed, and antagonistic reporters circling and ready to pounce? Could you perhaps make an occasional mistake? Give the gal a little slack.
                      Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                        No, to the original question, I think she's a bright girl.
                        non compos mentis

NINCOMPOOP!

In interviews, she hasn't been perfect. Well, are you smart? How do you think you'd do on the national stage, with a troop of very knowledgeable, ideologically opposed, and antagonistic reporters circling and ready to pounce?
                        Yeah, me am off the charts smart and me can handle anything that comes my way including officious pedantics!

Could you perhaps make an occasional mistake?
                        Not Me! Me never makes a mistake! And her makes an "occassional" mistake?

NINCOMPOOP!

Give the gal a little slack.
                        How's this for a little slack......she does pretty well for someone with an IQ of 50!

NINCOMPOOP!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          non compos mentis

NINCOMPOOP!
                          Just be aware that premature judgement is the greatest cause for post-judgement regrets.

It seems to me she is as you describe her, but I will tread more lightly.
                          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                          ~ ~
                          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

No, to the original question, I think she's a bright girl. In interviews, she hasn't been perfect. Give the gal a little slack.
                            Greg, have you been paying anything close to sufficient attention the last 2 years concerning her to legitimize this statement? She is the epitome of the extreme ideological whacko rascist right, a non-caring beyond her family doorstep, anti-intellectual, myopic, self-grandising greedy meglomaniacal hillbilly (no offense to hillbillies!) that wants America to become a bad version of Russia. She deserves just enuf slack to insure her political nooseage, and not a bit more. Look in the dictionary under EXTREME DANGER and there she'll be.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                              She is the epitome of the extreme ideological whacko rascist right, a non-caring beyond her family doorstep, anti-intellectual, myopic, self-grandising greedy meglomaniacal hillbilly (no offense to hillbillies!) that wants America to become a bad version of Russia.
                              Well, yes, but that doesn't mean she's stupid.
                              Greg

Comment

Well, yes, but that doesn't mean she's stupid.
                                Oh, thank goodness. But... I thot even an educated person that encompassed all that blantantly illogical thinking wouldn't fare on the side of elementary insightfulness, am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                                X