unAmeri-con strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unAmeri-con strategies

...or, win at any cost to the country. http://www.truth-out.org/making-us-e...eam/1307728011

Making The US Economy Scream

by: Robert Parry

Modern Republicans have a simple approach to politics when they are not in the White House: Make America as ungovernable as possible by using almost any means available, from challenging the legitimacy of opponents to spreading lies and disinformation to sabotaging the economy.

Over the past four decades or so, the Republicans have simply not played by the old give-and-take rules of politics. Indeed, if one were to step back and assess this Republican approach, what you would see is something akin to how the CIA has destabilized target countries, especially those that seek to organize themselves in defiance of capitalist orthodoxy.
    Last edited by admin; June 10, 2011, 05:18 PM. Reason: Absolutely, positively do not cut and paste entire articles to the forum, and especially not in two parts in two threads.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: unAmeri-con strategies

*Yawn* BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Next thread.

Comment

*Yawn* BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Next thread.
      And therein lies the crux of the problem. Those who will not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Non compos mentis!
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Headlines say enough about how worthless the last 4 years of Democratic rule have been. I'm not even going to entertain that doomed repeated history. Obamacare? Fail. Obama? Fail. And here we have a Senate Majority Leader hailing from a state with the highest unemployment and foreclosure rates. No wonder why nothing can get done in that side of the Hill.

Herein lies the problem that you two buffoons keep whining about Cons, when the Dumbs haven't done crap, ever... if anything, made it nearly irrecoverable.

Add this thread to another one of the worthless chicken little piles. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Comment

At one time, our 2-party system was one party: the Democratic-Republican Party. It was described as such, according to Wikipedia:

"The Democratic-Republican Party or Republican Party was an American political party founded in the early 1790s by Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. "

Later this party splintered into several parties, the only ones currently surviving are the Democrats and Republicans.

It's like arguing against yourself.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Obamacare? Fail.

Says who? It's working great for me and whole lot of other senior citizens and previously non-covered Americans.

Obama? Fail.

Says who? Obama has stopped the freefall from Bush's policies. He had the cajones to call for the mission to terminate OBL. He has restored dignity to the White House. You know who I am talking about - the "all hat and no horse" President.

And here we have a Senate Majority Leader hailing from a state with the highest unemployment and foreclosure rates.

Oh Gawd, what does that have to do with the Teapublican party of "NO" in he subject line? A futile attempt at "squirrel!"

No wonder why nothing can get done in that side of the Hill.

Utterly laughable, coming from a member of the party of "NO." Non compos mentis! You're a member of the NINCOMPOOP party!

Herein lies the problem that you two buffoons keep whining about Cons, when the Dumbs haven't done crap, ever... if anything, made it nearly irrecoverable.

It looks like we hit a nerve! Yeah the Dems haven't done crap compared to W! Let's see, didn't Clinton balance the budget, you know the one that "all hat and no horse" squandered.

Add this thread to another one of the worthless chicken little piles. BLAH BLAH BLAH.
            Right, non compos mentis. If you're going to discuss politics, next time bring game!
            Last edited by matapule; June 11, 2011, 04:50 PM.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
              "The Democratic-Republican Party or Republican Party was an American political party founded in the early 1790s by Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. "

Later this party splintered into several parties, the only ones currently surviving are the Democrats and Republicans.

It's like arguing against yourself.
              Exactly! Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have addressed the real issues facing America in a meaningful way — because they have become tainted by lobbyists, campaign donors, the military-industrial complex etc. etc. etc. on a systemic level.

I hope the Tea Party, which has already begun to make an impact, is just the beginning of a massive tidal wave. People need get behind a third party. It’s the only way we can turn this nation around before Barry runs it into the ground.
              Originally posted by matapule View Post
              (Obamacare) is working great for me and whole lot of other senior citizens and previously non-covered Americans.
              Sez you. Without a public option, Obamacare is just a massive payoff to enrich the medical insurance companies. Care to elaborate on how you’ve been “helped”?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

I agree with the original post... the Republicans ain't and never do 'play fair'.

I agree with Matapule's responses in this thread.

I'm American and believe if both sides worked out the difference of opinions in the grey area instead of thinking of everything in black and white... We'd all be better off.
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                  [...] He had the cajones to call for the mission to terminate OBL.[...]
                  Howard Wasdin, a former Navy Seal and author of "Seal Team Six - Memoirs of an Elite Navy Seal Sniper" appeared on Jon Stewart's show last week (starts at approx. 14:00). Wasdin's a republican and didn't vote for Obama. But, he had some high praise.
                  The President got it right, here. I'm actually thinking more and more about this guy being a really good president.
                  Wasdin talks further about what Pres. Obama got right.

And then there's Stewart's p3n!$ wheel! That's another thread!

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                    Exactly! Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have addressed the real issues facing America in a meaningful way — because they have become tainted by lobbyists, campaign donors, the military-industrial complex etc. etc. etc. on a systemic level.

I hope the Tea Party, which has already begun to make an impact, is just the beginning of a massive tidal wave. People need get behind a third party.
                    The Tea Party movement has good ideas, bad ideas and crazies, but another strong party in our politics might get the two strongest ones working together. Maybe?

Comment

And sound absolutely ridiculous all the time like you two? Stop making me laugh so hard. Ron does enough for this board when he makes any political comment. Sometimes I laugh, although most of the time I . Every once in a while there's a topic worth looking at... but I'm usually distracted by a Blue Moon total eclipse.

I love your ignorance in thinking I'm even a Tea Party member. Not even close. But keep thinking what you want. You haven't contributed anything that convincing to think you can taunt, but you sure as hell make trolling accusations like a whining little girl. Board history proved that, and you've been doomed to repeat it several times. Whatever. You don't faze me. Go on and play high and mighty again like you always do.

We'll just go agree on some other topic, because this is one we'll never budge on.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                        The Tea Party movement has good ideas, bad ideas and crazies, but another strong party in our politics might get the two strongest ones working together. Maybe?
                        Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                        I'm American and believe if both sides worked out the difference of opinions in the grey area instead of thinking of everything in black and white... We'd all be better off.
                        Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                        Exactly! Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have addressed the real issues facing America in a meaningful have way —
                        I hope the Tea Party, which has already begun to make an impact, is just the beginning of a massive tidal wave. People need get behind a third party. It’s the only way we can turn this nation around before Barry runs it into the ground.
                        The problem with the Tea Baggers is that they are Teapublicans - Republican ultra-conservative politics on steroids. They were founded and are heavily infiltrated by neo-nutzies and KKK members. They have never compromised on any Liberal ideas. Like the original KKK which reached its zenith in the '30's, the Teapublicans will eventually fade away too. They are too out of touch with the majority of Americans to have any long term impact. They are anything but "a massive tidal wave."

The Democrats have not "addressed the real issues facing America in a meaningful have way —?" The Democrats are trying to balance a budget that was totally destroyed by the profligate Bush administration. Democrats did it before under Clinton and they can do it again if they got some support from a few Teapublicans. Besides cuts in spending (which Obama has proposed) it is going to take a massive increase in personal income tax on everyone, but particularly the wealthy. W spent like a drunken sailor and put it on the national "credit card." It is now time we started to pay off that credit card debt and each one of us is going to have to contribute to that end.

The Teapublicans have proposed a budget that cuts muscle, sinew, and vital organs from the American core but leaves most of the fat intact. For example, Paul proposes to give Medicare recipients a health care voucher. That will really put senior Americans in the back pocket of the health insurance/pharmaceutical lobby! I am willing to pay more for my Medicare benefit, if that's what it takes, but don't give me a private health insurance voucher!

Yes, the Teapublicans came away with a short term victory in the last midterm elections. But now that the folly of their politics is being scrutinized in broad daylight, they will suffer losses in 2012. Like the Whigs, they are not a party that will stand the test of time. My hope (but in reality that's all it is, is hope) is that the Green Party will start to make some inroads now that the impact of global warming is becoming more apparent. In the past, the Green Party has been essentially a one issue party, but now is the time for it to broaden its scope and address a wider range of issues. In the meantime, the Dumbocrat Party (despite all its admitted numerous flaws) is the best bet for addressing the issues in America. Time to raise those personal income taxes! The rates for the wealthy have never been lower since the 1950's.

I have tried to address some of the issues above in a meaningful way. But those nincompoops, who have no original ideas of their own, will simply respond with "blah, blah, blah."

Please, please, please Teapublicans, run Para Sailin' for President in 2012, you betcha. I want to see Tina Fey back on a regular basis. I want to see Tina impersonating a nincompoop talking about Paul Revere as a teenager (he was really 40 years old) riding on his horse through town "ringin' them bells and shootin' his gun (a front loading musket!) warning the British to stay away."

Comment

Gotta love the name calling and the arrogance (STILL). To think you call yourself a wise old man worthy of any respect on here. You sound like a school girl, and you continue to whine. I admire that somehow I seem to be the only thorn in your side, considering I neither respect you nor care about what you say... but you can never let it go. Name calling and bitching and moaning is all you know, and all you'll ever know. You're still on this ignorant idea that I'm even affiliated with the Tea Party, or that I'm some far-right ultra-conservative. Whatever.
                          Nothing you've said is ever meaningful. It's a pathetic plea for unnecessary HT support, when the opposite-viewed minorities are perfectly fine holding their ground, position, or disgust for another worthless topic, such as this one.

So I'll put it in phrases you'll understand. Why don't you shove off, geezer, and stop talking to me. Or at least talk like you've graduated grade school; this whole referring to yourself in the third-person sounds like a bad remake of a Tarzan movie, and every post involving some insulting name-calling gets older than you. But if you want to keep dragging it out, I'll just consider it your admission of defeat. For me, I'm done reading your garbage.

Comment

There are many legit reasons to slam Obama, but few of his psycho detractors ever address those matters, just continue their harping on the superficial, and baselessly exibiting sourgrapes.
                            His stemming the economic freefall, that would quite possibly have taken us into widespread social meltdown as civil unrest exploded across this country and possibly incuring Marshall law, is just one of them. We survived that, one of many, wide choke Bush-departure broadside, and in world record time. We even have another shot at Clinton-era crazy prosperity. For that alone, Obama deserves the premature Nobel he got. But for too many, there will never be enuf that he could do to simply get a single nod of even semi-approval, while Bush get's a total pass for his endless atrocities. Some desperately want to pretent history just started two years ago... And with the banks never doing their part after getting bailed out, by issuing loans so business could move forward and create/restore JOBS, and the cons obstructing EVERYTHING possible this presidents says/tries (no matter how much the Dems march to the right on issues to placate), is it surprising we're still suffering rebound malaise? With just one of those two walls removed we'd be seeing good times again, all of us, not just the big boys with whom the positive turnarounds first embrace. To still slam Obama while ignoring those that truly are resonsible for our majority of deep troubles is, at best, silly. But this con-stipated 'our side, right or wrong, your side must die' mentallity is distinctly putrid and pathetic.
                            Last edited by Ron Whitfield; June 12, 2011, 09:24 AM.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Hear, hear! Raucus cheering and standing ovations!
                              Well written Ron. Funny how some folks just can't see the truth eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X