Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yvonne Elliman

Originally posted by mel View Post
    "I Can't Get You Out of My Mind" was a radio staple in Hawaii during the early 1980s (or was it the late 1970s?).
    That was a single from 1977. As you said, the song garnered quite a bit of local radio airplay, but wasn't a huge hit nationally, despite the fact that it was prominently featured on a Hawaii Five-0 episode with Yvonne as a guest-star.

Speaking of that show, I hope that CBS pays for the music rights to that particular episode when the 11th season Hawaii Five-0 DVD gets released. That show featured cuts from both Yvonne's Night Flight LP, as well as the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.
    Last edited by Frankie's Market; June 18, 2011, 11:46 PM.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
      Early in her career she did a pretty good cover of The Who's "I Can't Explain" (1973).
      If she did more of those, I'd probably like her better. Most of her stuff seems to fall into what I classify as "terminally mellow".

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
        So do I. She's a great party guest and an amazing baker! I've enjoyed getting to know her as a friend.
        That is sooo cool Leashlaws!
        All the bestest to both of you...
        Maybe see ya at the Hawai'iloa Event
        I've got 4 tickets already and friends coming too.
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I profiled Yvonne two or three years ago, maybe the story is in the SB archives for June of 2008 or 2009...she is a good friend of mine and I have told her that she should write a book...I think it would be interesting! Yes she is a performer, but I'm sure she would say her most important job is being a mother, which she is to her two kids. I know her parents too and have been to their house a number of times in Manoa....great people they are!!

It would be nice if the Bee Gee's would do a "Saturday Night Fever" tour and have all of the groups/performers on that soundtrack tour with them maybe for a 35th anniversary tour in a year or so....I know....wishful thinking....

My favorite song Yvonne sang is probably HELLO STRANGER...

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
            It would be nice if the Bee Gee's would do a "Saturday Night Fever" tour and have all of the groups/performers on that soundtrack tour with them maybe for a 35th anniversary tour in a year or so....I know....wishful thinking....
            It wouldn't be the same, anyway. Not without Maurice there.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I think after Maurice Gibb's death, the Bee Gees have called it quits. Years previous to that their younger brother also died, Andy.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Thanks for posting about this, and for all the music links! I only knew her from Jesus Christ Superstar, but I'm glad I know more now.

Comment

Working...
                X