Burial Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burial Insurance

I not sure where this goes, so here it is.

I did my web search on this subject and they don't answer my questions. I don't want to call anyone yet because I don't want to deal with sales people so I'm asking it here and hope that you guys have more experience than I on this.

Many be the policy said, no medical exams, coverage is immediately, etc, etc. Really? So if someone is on their death bed, they would be covered? If so, then why would someone consider this while they are still healthy (or young)? How would the company make $$$ if one can buy a policy at the last minute?

Or is all of the part of the BS sales pitch?

Educate me so at least I know what questions to ask. Thanks.

Re: Burial Insurance

Sorry, I don't have any answers for you but are you able to communicate with these companies via email? If so, I'd set up a disposable email account in Hotmail or Yahoo and use that addy for all initial communications until (and if!) you find a company you feel comfortable talking to. If you want communications to stop (and, most likely, the resultant spam) you can just cancel that email account.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      ...I'd set up a disposable email account in Hotmail or Yahoo and use that addy for all initial communications...
      Great suggestion tutu! Can be used for multiple purposes.

Sorry, no suggestions on burial insurance though.
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
        Many be the policy said, no medical exams, coverage is immediately, etc, etc. Really? So if someone is on their death bed, they would be covered? If so, then why would someone consider this while they are still healthy (or young)? How would the company make $$$ if one can buy a policy at the last minute?
        The way you describe it,... it does sound too good to be true. Are you sure there's no fine print about limited (rather than full) coverage provided if a claim is made on a policy that is not more than "x" number of years old?
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I'm having a problem with the phrase "Burial Insurance". In my book "insurance" is to protect against things that you can't afford to have happen - like having a new car stolen, or accidental hitting someone's Bentley.

I'm not sure how one would "insure" against burial.

Now, a burial plan - where you set money aside to pay for your eventual burial makes more sense.

Comment

I plan to be cremated - would this be something I need to think about?
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

For cremation concider the UH Body Donation program.
              Do a last good deed and it's free too!
              http://jabsom.hawaii.edu/jabsom/departments/wbp.pdf
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Yeah, I've already taken care of that.
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                X