• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP:Peter Falk

http://specials.msn.com/A-List/TV/Co...entid=29243755

Sorry to bother you, one more thing.

Re: RIP:Peter Falk

"Columbo" was one of my favorite detective shows from the 1970s. Peter Falk fit the role well with the tattered raincoat, goofy car and "just one more thing"....
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I too liked Columbo, I especially liked the introduction of new technological wonders like VCRs and digital watches. Falk also appeared as a cabbie in Its A Mad Mad...Mad World.

Comment

Each episode of Columbo followed a formula. But you know something? Somehow, it all just seemed to work, captivating a loyal audience for many years. Falk was great. But an important part of the show's success was the roster of guest actors who played the part of the culprits. During the show's run on NBC in the 1970s, they were able to consistently cast strong actors to play the smug, "I'm oh, so clever" characters, ripe for being taken down by Lt. Columbo. When the show was revived by ABC in the following decade, the choice of guest actors was a mixed bag, leading to less inspired performances by Falk and entire episodes falling flat.

A truly one-of-a-kind actor. Often imitated, never duplicated. We'll miss ya, Peter.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
        X