4th of July Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July Plans

There is a yearly fireworks show shot off the Ocean Beach Pier @ 9 pm local, so if you are interested you can see it on the Ocean Beach web cam. We will not be attending this year, at least not in the mob that hits the beach for the show, we will be watching it from a friend's hillside home overlooking the festivities. Surfers often paddle out to watch the show from close up at sea level and have to be shooed out of the danger zone, that sometimes delays the start for a few minutes. Other than that there is an afternoon party at friends' house in the Bird Rock area of La Jolla, home on the cliff with pool & jacuzzi and lots of great pot luck food. Traffic isn't bad that time of day, most everybody is where they are going. Its possible we might not attend this year as the beloved is feeling kind of shaky today. It would not be the end of the world to have a quiet 4th. We have had cool, even cold, 4ths the last few years but this year its warm and humid courtesy of a Mexican hurricane that disintegrated about 500 miles so. of here and is blowing warm, moist air up here.

How about you, what are your plans for today?

Re: 4th of July Plans

Ala Moana Centerstage: Monday, July 4 Melveen Leed at 12:15 p.m. and Mailani at 2:15 p.m.
    Also Ala Moana Center presents its Fourth of July Spectacular, with a Parking Deck Concert at 5 p.m. featuring the Royal Hawaiian Band, Makaha Sons, Hoku Zuttermeister, Nesian N.I.N.E and Henry Kapono, plus a fireworks display at 8:30 p.m. Tune in to KRTR 96.3 for the live fireworks soundtrack. Visit www.alamoanacenter.com/Events/Weekend-Schedule for more details or call 955-9517.

I'm thinking of getting there by 5pm. Mrs. Menehune has to work this evening so I'll be running solo if I do. Anyways... HAPPY 4TH TO ALL OF YOU!!!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Best 4th ever in Hawaii - Least illegal fireworks, least smoke, least damage. It was quite a wonder to see so much civil obedience, excluding our micronesian neighbors. I was the only person I saw with fireworks on Ala Moana beach - making sparks with a flint!
      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Out here in the country there was a few fffwwitts and mini pops and that was it for this powerful 4th. The big bang is pau!
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
        X