No announcement yet.

Remind me to not go hiking with these guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remind me to not go hiking with these guys..

Originally posted by mustangmike3789 View Post
    i found a geacache on the old pali rd back in august, could it be yours ?
    Howzit mustangmike3789! I just noticed this post of yours...
    I have two caches near the Pali Lookout.
    The harder is named 'The Notches above Pali Lookout', kinda self explanitory of where it is.
    The other is 'Menehune Water Source', a walk down the Old Pali Road till reaching a small picturesque valley, then heading up to the very back of it.

Here's a link to all of my active hides. http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/...6-d25740d9f225
    You can then click on the names to see the pages and descriptions.
    My caching name is the same: Menehune Man

Geocaching is a blast for sure. I don't over-step my abilities and have even been known to 'wimp out' while others dare.
    BUT I'm still here!
    Last edited by Menehune Man; September 20, 2012, 10:30 PM.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
      Howzit mustangmike3789! I just noticed this post of yours...
      I have two caches near the Pali Lookout.
      The harder is named 'The Notches above Pali Lookout', kinda self explanitory of where it is.
      The other is 'Menehune Water Source', a walk down the Old Pali Road till reaching a small picturesque valley, then heading up to the very back of it.

Here's a link to all of my active hides. http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/...6-d25740d9f225
      You can then click on the names to see the pages and descriptions.
      My caching name is the same: Menehune Man

Geocaching is a blast for sure. I don't over-step my abilities and have even been known to 'wimp out' while others dare.
      BUT I'm still here!
      The one that i found was a short distance down the old pali rd from the lookout. I believe it was just past the first old bridge. The box was an ammo box. I think that i may be back out in january for a few weeks, maybe this is something that i could get into. I will read more into your link.
      thanks mike.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangmike3789 View Post
        The one that i found was a short distance down the old pali rd from the lookout. I believe it was just past the first old bridge. The box was an ammo box. I think that i may be back out in january for a few weeks, maybe this is something that i could get into. I will read more into your link.
        thanks mike.
        Just don't putany on the ridge as shown!
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          I've no problem with anyone choosing to risk their own life on an extreme hike.... as long as they confine that risk to their own life and not that of others.

If any hiker gets hurt, hung up, or otherwise trapped way up there, then I don't want to hear those hikers, their family or friends begging the fire department/rescue workers to bail their sorry okoles out.

With that said, the sights captured on that POV camera are awesome!
          I've thought that way too but it is their job to go save them so are they supposed to refuse because the person didn't know what they were getting themselves into?
          And like rescuing people from the floods of Katrina who knew damn well they should have gotten out of there before she got there but chose not to...should they have been assisted?
          If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Re: Remind me to not go hiking with these guys

I only got about 3+ minutes into and all I have to say is that just like with the millions of feet a year chipping away at Diamond Head trails, thankfully not many people want to do this or these ridges wouldn't be there and so easily identifiable to people that know Oahu well.
            If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Working...
            X