Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawaii Five-0: Season 2 - News & Sightings

Default Hawaii Five-0: Season 2 - News & Sightings

This thread is for the discussion of Hawaii Five-0 Season 2 news & sightings. Like the previous thread, and the LOST threads before this, you can report all of the news and sightings of cast, crew, props and equipment to this thread.

As many of you know, when a big TV production like Hawaii Five-0 are filming, they're relatively easy to spot (the big, parked white trucks are telltale clues that someone is filming in your neighborhood). This is the place to report this as well as post photos if you have them. Word of warning is don't go and disturb these people while they're working. They all have jobs to do (even if it is spent waiting for hours for something to happen).

That all said, filming starts this month:

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...ml?mobile=true

A traditional Hawaiian blessing will open the start of production on the new season of the CBS TV series "Hawaii Five-0."
    Separate Threads about the Hawaii Five-0 story lines appear here:

Hawaii Five-0 Season 1
    Hawaii Five-0 Season 2

Here is the link to the Hawaii Five-0 Season 1 News & Sightings thread.

Default Re: Hawaii Five-0: Season 2 - News & Sightings

Default Again no locals cast in Hawaii 5-0?

Another group of fine actors have been cast for the second season of Hawaii 5-0 and again no local names appear. What's up with that???

Default Re: Again no locals cast in Hawaii 5-0?

Post the second season cast
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Default Re: Again no locals cast in Hawaii 5-0?

Quote Originally Posted by shiina View Post
    Another group of fine actors have been cast for the second season of Hawaii 5-0 and again no local names appear. What's up with that???
    Hi Shiina...This subject is being discussed here: Hawaii Five-0: Season 2 - News & Sightings and has also been discussed
    here (scroll down to 89).

The Gridiron Gang did a skit on the 5-0 series, some reviews are coming in that they did a better job than the show itself!!

Exclamation Re: Hawaii Five-0: Season 2 - News & Sightings

Reports on Twitter of filming on Fort Street Mall near Merchant Street. Daniel Dae Kim, several police cars, and lots of mock explosions or gunfire.

http://lockerz.com/s/134075051

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...130061683.html

At the sold out UH wahine volleyball match at the Stanley.

Wayne Harada appears to be wringing his hands over the fact that Hawaii 5-0 is coming in second to ABCs Castle. Is that really a bad thing? Do second place finishers get cancelled? Meanwhile, here is a piece from today's LA Times about how - when DVR viewing is factored in - the audience numbers can change as much as 25 percent. It does not specifically mention changes (+ or minus) in the case of 5-0, but . . .

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ente...gs-higher.html

Jimmy Buffett will be here soon to film an episode of Five-0, where he'll be playing a helicopter pilot.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
    Jimmy Buffett will be here soon to film an episode of Five-0, where he'll be playing a helicopter pilot.
    And that episode airs this coming Monday night. Hooray!
    Also, it's not just a cameo appearance, it's a speaking part. Is there an Emmy award in his future?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

They were filming last night @ Dillingham Self Storage.

Surprised that no one has yet mentioned Alex O'Loughlin taking a break from filming H50 so that he can undergo treament for "prescription pain medication."

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/1...cription-drugs
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

what's to talk about? he realized he had a problem with PRESCRIPTION drugs due to a work-related injury, is getting treatment and will be returning to work soon. I don't see any news or reason to gossip in this story. It's not like he was in his trailer with a crack pipe or something like that - now THAT would be a story!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    Sydney J. Harris

If they have a few more episodes to shoot, they're gonna have to write his absence into the storyline... captured by Wo Fat... any suggestions?

Now that could be an interesting twist of a plot line!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    Sydney J. Harris

Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    what's to talk about? he realized he had a problem with PRESCRIPTION drugs due to a work-related injury, is getting treatment and will be returning to work soon. I don't see any news or reason to gossip in this story.
    Never said that this topic was the fodder for juicy gossip. But as the news story makes clear, O'Loughlin's medical/medication issue might very well have an impact on the production of the show itself, if he has to take time off from filming.

So yeah. It IS worth talking about in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    If they have a few more episodes to shoot, they're gonna have to write his absence into the storyline... captured by Wo Fat... any suggestions?
    That's not a bad idea. Or maybe one of those "flashback" episodes, featuring the rest of the Five-0 cast recounting the most dramatic scenes from the show thus far.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    That's not a bad idea. Or maybe one of those "flashback" episodes, featuring the rest of the Five-0 cast recounting the most dramatic scenes from the show thus far.
    Nah, too soon for this. It's only the second season.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

ah Frankie - I can always count on you to come back with some sort of confrontation. If you weren't hoping for some sort of gossipy response to your initial post - what was your point? it was a non issue. and a non story. so, have fun - maybe you can get somebody else to play - it won't be me.
    Sydney J. Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    Star Trek: The Next Generation had such an episode in its second season, heck even Stargate SG-1 had this type of episode in their first season, I am not sure if the 1990's version of The Outer Limits did it in their first season as well.

ah Frankie - I can always count on you to come back with some sort of confrontation.
    My response to your post is simply that. A response. If you view my response to your post as a "confrontation," then that's up to you, taking such a defensive posture.

If you weren't hoping for some sort of gossipy response to your initial post - what was your point?
    Well, let's see. The title of this thread is "Hawaii Five-0: Season 2 - News & Sightings." And since this story has been reported on by media outlets like Hawaii News Now, then (gasp!) I guess that makes it a news item. Thus, my posting it in this thread relating to Hawaii Five-0 news.

That's a pretty straight-forward point, isn't it?

Moreover, this report about Alex O'Loughlin and prescription pain medication is not gossip or rumor. It is a FACT, confirmed by both the actor's publicist and CBS network.

O'Loughlin's publicist Jodi Gottlieb released a statement, which said, "Alex is taking a short break from Hawaii Five-0 to receive supervised treatment for prescription pain medication due to a recent shoulder injury."
    CBS released a statement, saying, "We respect and support Alex's decision. Everyone at CBS Television Studios and Hawaii Five-O wishes him well and we look forward to his return."
    it was a non issue. and a non story. so, have fun.
    Well, the local news team obviously doesn't agree with your assessment of the situation. It's a news story. This thread is about news related to Hawaii Five-0. I honestly don't understand what you are trying to get at here.
    Last edited by Frankie's Market; March 4th, 2012 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    Star Trek: The Next Generation had such an episode in its second season, heck even Stargate SG-1 had this type of episode in their first season, I am not sure if the 1990's version of The Outer Limits did it in their first season as well.
    Family Ties did the first of several episodes dedicated to flashbacks in the second season, as well. So it's not as if H50 doing a flashback episode now is outlandish or unheard of.

It's either that, or possibly having the star of the show be totally absent in an upcoming episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    [B]It's either that, or possibly having the star of the show be totally absent in an upcoming episode.
    If it is for one episode or two, I can see this possibly happening... with the understanding that O'Loughlin will be back in an upcoming episode(s). Since this is getting closer to April, I would think most of the episodes are in the can save for the last few... are they going to do a cliffhanger this season or just trail off?

If O'Loughlin leaves the show, then it could be curtains for the series... Can't really re-cast the lead character since his face is now more of less engrained as the 21st century's Steve McGarrett.

Of course this is just my opinion on the item that to me is also news. The actor is going (or in) rehab... the series has to roll without him for a while.

TV series have shot episodes without the lead before, though these happen mostly with "ensemble" casts. Again just my observation.

Hopefully Mr. O'Loughlin can make it through this and be back on the series.

They could handle the situation like how the movie Plan 9 from Outer Space did it. When Bela Lugosi died in the middle of shooting the movie, the director had a stand-in cover his face with a cape during scenes.

If O'Loughlin leaves the show, then it could be curtains for the series... Can't really re-cast the lead character since his face is now more of less engrained as the 21st century's Steve McGarrett.
    Talk of the show being in jeopardy because of this is way too premature, IMO. Celebrities who have had issues re: pain medication (like Rush Limbaugh and Brett Favre) have been able to resume their careers, without an extended leave of absence. I wouldn't lose sleep over any "doomsday" scenario, at this point.

TV series have shot episodes without the lead before, though these happen mostly with "ensemble" casts. Again just my observation.
    Of course, an episode w/o O'Loughlin in it is possible. But I would think a flashback episode still makes a lot of sense, as it both maintains the star actor's presnce on the show and,.... it saves the production $$$$, does it not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast