POGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POGS

My grandson and I were going through a lot of my old things and I had a few scattered Pogs from an old collection of pogs from Hawaii. I remembered I had so many, but with all the moving around during my 68 years I do not know where they are. Does anyone know of someplace local to Hawaii that I could order some...I have looked on ebay, but most of them are not as authentic as I would like. Any ideas?????Mahalo

Re: POGS

I almost never go to the Kam swap meet, but when I do I almost always see someone with pogs to sell. How authentic they are I couldn't tell you.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

DeSoto Brown and I published a POGs guidebook back in the '90s called "Coverama." Watch out, the POG copyright owners will come after you for using that term.
      Burl Burlingame
      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

We have a pretty good size POG collection left over from the early 90s. Someday, when they are worth lots of money, we will be rich.
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I have a small container full of pogs - some even put out by the ad agency I worked for at the time - we're talking early 1990s here.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

What's a pog?
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
              What's a pog?
              Passion Orange Guava.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                What's a pog?
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogs
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

What, choo guys talking 'bout milk caps? Haleakala Dairy!

I was going to college in So Cal in 1993, and I remember rifling through a big box of 'em in Albertsons. So confusing to find our playground game getting all boutique. Then I pulled out one which read "Azeka's Ribs"--and I was back in Kihei. It was like my homesickness talisman! Too bad no more Azeka's now. Sokay, these days I like tink I make pretty good ribs my own self.

Comment

They also had a hit song called "Fairytale of New York."

Comment

Somewhere in my junk collection is a KGU AM76 Slammer Metallic POG.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I have a small (3" tall) glass jar full of POG's.
                        Both my friend James and I drew art on the blank sides of them.
                        James died over 5 years ago and I looking at my old creations too.
                        Talk about sentimental value! Never played any game with them.
                        And we were in our 30's then. HaHa!
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I even produced my own set of POGs called Road Kill. Featured run-over dog, cat, frog, gecko and surfer. Sick, I know.
                          Burl Burlingame
                          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Small kid time only da guys wit connection had the stiff milk covers, everybody else had the ones was on your milk bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                              They also had a hit song called "Fairytale of New York."
                              Just in case you thought that was ignored - I got it! "Shane" on you.

Comment

Working...
                              X