Bombings, Shootings in Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bombings, Shootings in Norway

Today the prime suspect in yesterday's bombing and mass shootings in Norway is identified as a 32 year old Christian fundamentalist Norwegian man, angry about the society's tolerance. Yesterday's media coverage was laying it totally on Islam's doorstep, just like it did during the Oklahoma City bombing when another intolerant local was found to be responsible. What kind of religion can possibly make people think its OK to murder people, to shoot children by the score? What a blight. No wonder religion is going extinct.

Re: Bombings, Shootings in Norway

To the best of my knowledge, this is the island where the shootings occurred. Google Earth says it's roughly 550yards x 350 yards. There's no road access, so police arrival was delayed (I wonder if the bomb was planned as a distraction). I found this quote in the Christian Post:

"I laid under the bed for two hours and then the police smashed a window and came in. It seems kind of unreal, especially in Norway. This is not something that could happen here, this is something you hear about happening in the U.S."
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it took the police an hour to land on the island and then another hour to methodically search for the gunman/survivors before they reached the guy under the bed.

In one article I read (wish I could find the link again), prior to the shooting, the kids were gathered in a meeting hall after hearing about the bombing. The gunman was dressed as a police officer and asked if he could address the audience and make an important announcement. With the bombing and his uniform, I'm sure no one was surprised he was carrying weapons. As there kids were clustered together, he opened fire.

So for what felt like an eternity to these kids, they were stuck on a small island with a gunman and had to fend for themselves. They tried reasoning with him, and died. They ran and hid in their tents, and died. They tried to swim away, and died.

A person they thought would protect them started shooting them. They had no clue if there were more gunman on the island. I'm guessing the kids who clustered together for safety (real and perceived) were more likely to be found and shot.
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Since he hated Muslims and multiculturalism. Norway should give him to fundemental Muslims and let them torture him everyday.

Comment

The bottom line is we need to resume Homeland Security funding for surveillance of right-wing hate groups, which are a clear and present danger. This was suspended when Janet Reno caved to pressure from religious lobbyists who did not want to be scrutinized for their homophobia. There are hundreds of neo-nazi and Christian militias in the country.

Comment

Apparently Glenn Beck said on his show today that the young murder victims in Norway were like Hitler Youth. Your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
            Apparently Glenn Beck said on his show today that the young murder victims in Norway were like Hitler Youth. Your thoughts?
            Well, I suppose Mr. Beck should probably be knowledgeable about that sort of group, shouldn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
              What kind of religion can possibly make people think its OK to murder people, to shoot children by the score? What a blight. No wonder religion is going extinct.
              AFAIC, I don't think of him as a Christian as I am. He used my religion as an excuse for his appalling behavior.

We may not like where society is heading, but that doesn't mean we should forcibly impose our belief upon others. We can only teach them what the Bible taught us. God's greatest gift to Man is Free Will, even the choice NOT to believe in His Existence.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                AFAIC, I don't think of him as a Christian as I am. He used my religion as an excuse for his appalling behavior.
                Substitute the word "Islam" for "Christian" and you'll understand how nearly 30% of the world felt about Osama Bin Laden.
                We may not like where society is heading, but that doesn't mean we should forcibly impose our belief upon others.
                Amen, amen, amen.
                We can only teach them what the Bible taught us.
                Why do we even have to do that much? It's just one of many fictional books of lessons and stories - what makes that particular one more important than any of the others that another religion embraces?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  Substitute the word "Islam" for "Christian" and you'll understand how nearly 30% of the world felt about Osama Bin Laden.Amen, amen, amen.Why do we even have to do that much? It's just one of many fictional books of lessons and stories - what makes that particular one more important than any of the others that another religion embraces?
                  I think RANDOM is aspiring to the beneficent teachings of Xtianity, I.E., Love ye one another as I have loved you, etc. Good stuff, actually.

Back in the "old days we needed a GOD to impress us with proper social action. Now we should be beyond all that ... but we're not.

Religions are still abused to support anti-human actions, and abused to create social inequities.

Although what JC might have said might have been beneficial, his followers distorted His teachings (Especially Saul of Tarsus, aka pseudo-apostle Paul) to create a religion of exclusion and repression - GEE! as they ALL are!

Dump religion, embrace spirituality.

K+
                  Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                  ~ ~
                  Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                  Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                  Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

We can only teach them what the Bible taught us. God's greatest gift to Man is Free Will, even the choice NOT to believe in His Existence.
                    OK, a digression. We are now apable of teaching much more than the bible taught us. We are no longer constrained by those teachings. Although the wisdom therin is incontrovertable, we think differently today, and need to contain or constrain that thinking.

I am no biblical scholar, nor apostle, nor disciple, but I believe JC had lots of wisdom, much of which we don't understand. I am still learning, and I respect all the formers: Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, etc.

WOW! I just wrote three paragraphs here thet got erased when I hit the 'enter' key! I guess it wasn't meant for publication........

K?
                    Last edited by Kaonohi; July 27, 2011, 06:25 PM.
                    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                    ~ ~
                    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                    X