RIP: Amy Winehouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP: Amy Winehouse

Breaking news that she was found dead in her apartment, at only 27 years old.
    I know she had lots of issues with drugs and alcohol. I hadn't heard her sing until I was surfing TV channels a few months ago and there was a 90-minute special of a performance in London. She seemed totally sober in that one and I was surprised by how exceptionally good her singing was.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: RIP: Amy Winehouse

Yet another gone at the popular rock star age of 27. She'll be forgotten before her prime.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

She was a very talented train wreck. I'm surprised she lived to 27. It's sad that anyone dies at such a young age but I don't think Amy's passing is much of a surprise. And that, too, is sad. May she truly rest in the peace she never found on earth.

Comment

Sad to hear of Amy Winehouse's passing. So young. A lot of people were waiting for her next album. Guess that ain't happening. May she rest in peace.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
          A lot of people were waiting for her next album. Guess that ain't happening.
          Death is no guarantee of that, as you well know; the music world is filled with posthumous releases. If she had been doing any recording over the past few years, the rights to the material are likely owned by her label, who would have covered the up-front costs of production. If they can milk a few more bucks out of the dead, they will...and her fans will gladly pay for it.

Comment

Click this link here to see 3-1/2 minutes of Amy singing "Valerie" in her better days.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              Death is no guarantee of that, as you well know; the music world is filled with posthumous releases. If she had been doing any recording over the past few years, the rights to the material are likely owned by her label, who would have covered the up-front costs of production. If they can milk a few more bucks out of the dead, they will...and her fans will gladly pay for it.
              Well yes, just like Michael Jackson, John Lennon, Elvis Presley, Janis Joplin and everyone else you can put a grave marker over. Certainly there are tracks lying in some record company vault, studio closet or on a Garage Band hard drive file that will be released over time. And in this day and age when things old are remixed and sampled all over again, we certainly won't hear the last music from Amy Winehouse. It is almost certain that her songs will also show up on TV and movie soundtracks too. Some artists just get more exposure from their music after they die... one of the best cases to point out is... Bruddah IZ... even if it is mostly only one song.

But as far as her recording new material... from this day on, it's over.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

ABC News just pointed out that 27 is a bad age. Among others who died at 27 are Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Curt Cobain.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  ABC News just pointed out that 27 is a bad age. Among others who died at 27 are Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Curt Cobain.

Jim Morrison

Comment

Was she bi-polar or had another illness that made her addicted to drugs?

Comment

"...the popular rock star age of 27." What the heck?
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Another 27 was Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones.
                        http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07...27/?hpt=hp_bn5

Comment

Will tv comedians do Amy Winehouse jokes in the future? Which comedian will be the first one to say one?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            Will tv comedians do Amy Winehouse jokes in the future? Which comedian will be the first one to say one?
                            Jay Leno did a Winehouse joke in Friday night's monologue, mere hours before she died. Just fluke timing. It'll be interesting to see if mentions that in tonight's show.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              Jay Leno did a Winehouse joke in Friday night's monologue, mere hours before she died. Just fluke timing. It'll be interesting to see if mentions that in tonight's show.
                              Here's Jay... http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/...-2011/1342619/

Ep.4081 available till 8/18/11
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X