Djou to Challenge Hanabusa for U.S. House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Djou to Challenge Hanabusa for U.S. House

It's official! Former U.S. Rep. Charles Djou will take on incumbent Colleen Hanabusa for Congress. The first Republican to represent Hawaii in Washington D.C. since 1991 will seek to win back his seat in the U.S. House.

Djou Running To Reclaim Congressional Seat

But He’s Deploying To Afghanistan For Six Months

Jodi Leong KITV4 News Reporter
    HONOLULU — Former Honolulu City Councilman and U.S. Rep. Charles Djou on Wednesday announced his candidacy for the U.S. House seat he lost to U.S. Rep. Colleen Hanabusa last year.

Djou was surrounded by his family and supporters when he made the announcement Wednesday morning at the Stone Factory Warehouse on Puuhale Road in Kalihi.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Re: Djou to Challenge Hanabusa for U.S. House

I hadn't heard that Hababusa has made a decision about whether or not to seek the party's nomination for the Senate. Did I miss it?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      I hadn't heard that Hababusa has made a decision about whether or not to seek the party's nomination for the Senate. Did I miss it?
      Hababusa? It's Colleen HANABADA, and don't you forget it.

And no, she's hasn't announced a bid for the Senate in 2012 because it is almost a certainty that she will stay put in the House. Y'see, unlike her campaign for the House, self-styled kingmaker Inouye gave her no assurance of an exclusive endorsement or support should she throw her hat into the Senate race. That has made Rep. Hanakuso a bit "weak in the knees" as far as seeking Akaka's old seat, even though she garnered more votes than Ed Case in the congressional special election.

As far as Djou's chances next year,.... yawn! Are you serious? Sheesh! The man wins a fluke run-off special election against a heavily divided Democratic opposition (Hanafuda and Case) and he thinks that makes him another Pat Saiki? After he gets thumped again, he's going to come out looking like Orson Swindle instead.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
        'Zat where you get the phrase "Hanabada Daze"?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post

As far as Djou's chances next year,.... yawn! Are you serious? Sheesh! The man wins a fluke run-off special election against a heavily divided Democratic opposition (Hanafuda and Case)

I still think they let Charles win. Part of a deal. They knew they were splitting the vote but didn't care. Mufi got Charles out of town for a while. Charles had a big adventure. And local Repubs got a bone. Who knows what else was part of the deal.
          You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Working...
          X