Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Buy - Never Again!

Originally posted by bueller555 View Post
    My biggest pet peeve about BB is that their in-store prices are higher, sometimes significantly more than their online price (with in-store pickup).
    Do they offer in-store pickup in Hawaii? Have you gotten in-store pickup at the web price without added mark-up?

It's not usual for Hawaii prices to be higher - and for stores not to offer such features in Hawaii. It's part of the "Paradise Tax".

Comment

They offer in-store pickup at either Oahu store. It might depend whether their system shows if there is inventory or not, but I've bought cameras, drives, printers, and computer using the in-store option. My camera was my latest purchase and the difference was about $25. Their pickup process is incredibly inefficient because the customer service person still has to punch in an inordinate amount of information even though the item is paid for and I have a printout receipt with a bar code.

I haven't tried to get them to honor their online price while in the store yet. My goal is just to get out of there as fast as possible.

Comment

the only thing I've paid for online and then picked up at the store was my new TV. It actually cost less than the online price because of a sale that had just started. I was very happy! I usually order online and get the item delivered. They have very low shipping costs or even sometimes free. I've been very happy with all my purchases. The one problem I had with shipping they were very quick to correct at no expense to me.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I bought some Blu-Rays there last week that were displayed on sale. The guy at the register rang them up at full price. I actually had to walk the store manager over to his own display and show him that the sale was in effect.
          Burl Burlingame
          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
            Do they offer in-store pickup in Hawaii? Have you gotten in-store pickup at the web price without added mark-up?
            Yes. I bought a Samsung washer and dryer last Fall for $600 each on-line with free from-store delivery to my home (well, not pickup). There were no add-on charges because it had to be delivered in Hawaii (though it did take several weeks longer than promised). At the time, those models were $1200 each MSRP and from Sears on-line. I don't know what the BB in-store price was. While I wasn't completely satisfied with the installation, it was a good price, with no surcharges.
            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
              I bought some Blu-Rays there last week that were displayed on sale. The guy at the register rang them up at full price. I actually had to walk the store manager over to his own display and show him that the sale was in effect.
              We had a customer at Honda one day asking for the 0% APR. My boss said that sale ended the previous week. This customer promptly walked him over to the big 0% Sale banner hanging over the very car he was buying. Had to give it to him.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by amagab View Post
                If it wasn't a dead product I would pay that but might as well just get the upcoming Android tablet by Amazon at $299.
                Incidentally, I hear they got more HP TouchPads™ in on Monday. A have a few friends who work at Best Buy, and they indicated that the $99 price is still in effect. As always, people have been lining up before store open, to get a crack at the stock, so the few left will probably be gone by the time you read this.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                X