First Hawaiian Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Hawaiian Bank

They're really pissing me off now. My habit is that each Saturday night, I "restock" my wallet for the coming week. I've had problems before, but now twice in a month's time I've been unable to withdraw my money.

Nothing wrong with the account. It's their ATM network. Last time they said it was some sort of maintenance thing. This time they're saying the phone lines are going "up and down". Funny, I'm posting from my DSL line right now...

Last time I changed banks, it was because the bank I was with proved they were incompetent (lost my direct deposit paycheck twice, and their ATM tended to "double dip"). I may have to start looking again.

Re: First Hawaiian Bank

Are you using First Hawaiian's ATM or someone else ATM that is networking with First Hawaiian Bank?

Also is it the same ATM machine giving you these problems?

Comment

FHB's ATMs, and I've gone to at least 3 different sites.

A problem with a particular ATM is one thing, but when it appears to be the whole network....

Comment

Would you be willing to move your "restock" day to Sundays to see if the problem continues to repeat itself?

Comment

Sundays doesn't work for my pattern. I don't see what's unreasonable about 7-10PM on Saturdays.

Comment

There's nothing unreasonable about 7-10PM on Saturdays. Is there a chance a mainland company performs maintenance on the web site during that time? A mainland company might not pay much attention to the time difference. My suggestion for Sunday was to use it as a test to see if the problem repeated itself.

Comment

Just wondering... did the problem stop? You change banks? Or?

I only use official FHB ATM's and have never encountered a problem with them. With my schedule it can be at any time of day or night too.
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I've had an account at FHB for 6 years now & have never had a problem with their ATM's. but, I also am flexible with my banking times and have not had any problems (at least so far). Is it possible for you to use a different ATM machine or maybe a different schedule for a while, just to test their system? and also, have you contacted the bank about your problems? I'm sorry you're having these problems.
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Things have settled down since then, so I haven't moved any accounts (yet).

Going to another ATM didn't help. The entire network was down. Yes, I did call that night, but IT doesn't seem to consider it a priority to give detailed accurate information to the folks handling the phones. All they could tell me is that "it should be fixed by morning."

Comment

Working...
                  X