"Getting Over it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Getting Over it"

"Get over it & move on." That's not an easy thing for me to do, & it continues to haunt me, & I really don't want to confront the person about it, because it is so old already, & yet it still bothers me :-(. I hate it!!. It is very difficult to call this friend, because I feel that I seem to be walking on egg shells around her when or if I do call. She tends to want to bite people's head off w/o reason, & that is the indication I got from her. sigh :-(.

I called her up once, she bit my head off, although, I forgave her. Much later down the road, I called a 2nd time, & wouldn't you know it!!, yup!!, she bit my head off again . It has been really difficult for me to call her, & I just do ok with sending her a message in facebook. Then again, she may call me up & say & yell at me with "WTF??!!" or something similar to that.

what to do? you know? If I do send her a message, & she may end up retaliating by calling me up & getting mad at me, if I do decide to re hash it again.

I just can't seem to get over it. That's my problem. :-(. I don't want her to be (or hear her) yelling at me either.

I did that once with another friend of mine from long before, & gawd!, all she did was send me 3 to 4 yelling messages on my voice mail, which led me shook up, & could not get over for weeks to come, either. Maybe it was easier for me to get over that, because that friend lives in Arizona & not here in Hawaii, & the fact that she deleted me off of her list of friends in Facebook too.lol. . The other first one I spoke of, she lives here in Oahu, & still is in my facebook. If I do delete her, she may feel offended.

sigh. what to do, what to do.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: "Getting Over it"

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
    sigh. what to do, what to do.
    Well, one thing you can do is to not talk harshly online about people (ie friends) in your life. You never know when they might read your posts.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Aloha Serenity!
      Im so sorry you're having these problems. It seems to me that you have been a good friend to this person. Likely, they have been good to you as well. So its perfectly reasonable that your feelings were hurt by this friend's opinion. Going on the assumption that neither of you want to hurt the other, Id suggest that you think more about the positive things that this person brings with their friendship. Maybe that will help you see things from a new perspective.

Ignore Amati's comment; you're being a real person with feelings! Thats perfectly ok! Tho I hope that this thread doesn't cause you more problems! (have you thought about changing your screen name?)
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.”

William Blake quote
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

[Delete by Amati, reposted below.]
          Last edited by Amati; September 20, 2011, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
            Well, one thing you can do is to not talk harshly online about people (ie friends) in your life. You never know when they might read your posts.
            Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
            Ignore Amati's comment; you're being a real person with feelings! Thats perfectly ok! Tho I hope that this thread doesn't cause you more problems! (have you thought about changing your screen name?)
            So, it seems that you've been advised to ignore my advice, with a "hope" thrown in that doing so doesn't "cause you more problems", and that maybe you could [smiley face] just "change your screen name"?

Back on track, watching what you write could perhaps help you to not lose a friend. As we all know, one never knows who might be reading our online posts.

Comment

I think the question should be, are these people really true friends? if someone who i think is my friend chooses to verbally abuse me, yell at me and call me names - they are no longer a part of my life. maybe i'm harder on people than others but i just don't choose to take abuse from anyone. and as far as deleting from FB friends list? i've deleted quite a few - most don't even notice.

i really hope serenity can find some peace - she has really gone through a lot this last year and i wish her all the best.
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I agree with that, Anapuni, I also discharge so-called friends who do not act like a FRIEND. And ditto for best wishes for Serenity, everyone deserves some peace.

Comment

I don't think she may even know who "Serenity" is & who I am (AS Serenity) talking about, hence the fake name .

IF I had used my real name, then I wouldn't be able to pour my heart out like this to this site & ask for advices, yeah?. :-)

With my fake name, would you be able to know who I am really?, where I live? etc. ? Just saying, you know?. :-)
                  Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                    Aloha Serenity!
                    Im so sorry you're having these problems. It seems to me that you have been a good friend to this person. Likely, they have been good to you as well. So its perfectly reasonable that your feelings were hurt by this friend's opinion. Going on the assumption that neither of you want to hurt the other, Id suggest that you think more about the positive things that this person brings with their friendship. Maybe that will help you see things from a new perspective.
                    Thank you so much for your positive feedback .

Ignore Amati's comment;
                    I'll try to.

you're being a real person with feelings! That's perfectly ok!
                    Thank you for understanding .

Tho I hope that this thread doesn't cause you more problems!
                    I hope not.

(have you thought about changing your screen name?)
                    I am not sure that it would make any difference, PLUS the name really means a lot to me :-)
                    Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                      “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.”

William Blake quote
                      soo true. & Thank you
                      Aches & Pains

Comment

Back on track, watching what you write could perhaps help you to not lose a friend.
                        That's why I posted what I posted in requests of help on what to do about how I feel .

As we all know, one never knows who might be reading our online posts.
                        AS long as we don't post any of our real names, our friend's/Family's real names, personal infos such : home address, phone#s, credit card #s, etc. etc., then, I figure that we are all good .
                        Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                          I think the question should be, are these people really true friends? if someone who i think is my friend chooses to verbally abuse me, yell at me and call me names - they are no longer a part of my life. maybe i'm harder on people than others but i just don't choose to take abuse from anyone. and as far as deleting from FB friends list? i've deleted quite a few - most don't even notice.

i really hope serenity can find some peace - she has really gone through a lot this last year and i wish her all the best.
                          Thank you so much for understanding, & you & I have truly a lot in common as far as other people being our friends, & how they should not abuse our friendships. , IF you in front of me right now, I would just give you a BIG HUG!!!. Thanks again. :-). u da besst!!. :-) :-)
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

I agree with that, Anapuni, I also discharge so-called friends who do not act like a FRIEND. And ditto for best wishes for Serenity, everyone deserves some peace.
                            Thank you Thank you!!.
                            Aches & Pains

Comment

Friends who make you feel bad are no longer "being" your friends.
                              Either they never really were your friends or they got tired at some aspect of you.
                              If a friend offers advice, they try to do it gently. If their gentle advice is ignored over numerous interactions, they may decide to no longer be your friend, ans will become aggressive to ether put you off or drive you away. Think about it.

Sometimes our needs are more than our acquaintences can bear; this is when you discover who are friends and who are not.
                              Friends don't desert you.
                              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                              ~ ~
                              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X