Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man dies after eating contest

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/man-wins-du...150830490.html

This story is the kind that's a segment on A 1000 Ways to Die.

Re: Man dies after eating contest

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    http://ca.news.yahoo.com/man-wins-du...150830490.html

This story is the kind that's a segment on A 1000 Ways to Die.
    There was one death where a guy died from overeating at all you can eat Chinese buffet restaurant because of the MSG.

Comment

There was one death where a guy died from overeating at all you can eat Chinese buffet restaurant because of the MSG.
      Link please?
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

This is meaningless drivel. In no sense does this article convey the idea that this man died as a result of the eating contest. He was 77. Contest or not, he was certainly going to die at some point in time, as are we all. He lived over 77 years, that's a long life. RIP
        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Four years ago, there was a woman who actually died from water intoxication when she entered a bottled water drinking contest, trying to win a Nintendo Wii for her kids. And at the age of 28, no, she wasn't in any imminent danger of suddenly dropping dead.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Sorry, but everyone's in imminent danger of suddenly dropping dead - if you haven't learned that by now, there's still hope you may.
            May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
              Sorry, but everyone's in imminent danger of suddenly dropping dead
              From water intoxication? Really???

Well, Ed. I guess that will now be your mission in life. Plead with people not to drink too much water at once or it just might kill you. For some folks, a filled-up bladder, a naseous feeling in the stomach, and headaches just can't seem to get them to STOP DRINKING WATER. A real health menace, if ever there was one.
              Last edited by Frankie's Market; September 23, 2011, 11:03 AM.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                Link please?
                That death by overeating Chinese food was one of the deaths on A 1000 Ways to Die.

Comment

That death by overeating Chinese food was one of the deaths on A 1000 Ways to Die.
                  I only ask because I have been working on a project for one of my units. There is a client that is just going on and on about MSG. . .being a real p.i.t.a.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation kicking around out there about MSG, but that is a whole other can of worms.
                  flickr

An email from God:
                  To: People of Earth
                  Date: 9/04/2007
                  Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                    I only ask because I have been working on a project for one of my units.
                    This is all it says(at this site)... ◦"Death of Sum Young Guy": A glutton eats at so many all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets that he has a high content of MSG build up in his body, causing him to have a heart attack."

Here's the link... http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ptitlemxh34tsj
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                      This is all it says(at this site)... ◦"Death of Sum Young Guy": A glutton eats at so many all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets that he has a high content of MSG build up in his body, causing him to have a heart attack."
                      Yeah. A glutton - eats an unhealthy diet - SURE, it's the MSG that did him in, not anything else in his lifestyle.

And how old is that "Sum Young Guy" joke? Well past its "last funny by" date, that's for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        And how old is that "Sum Young Guy" joke? Well past its "last funny by" date, that's for certain.
                        The show has groan worthy puns as the title of each death.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          Sum Ting Wong?

Comment

HT has really fell apart, post quality-wise.
                            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                              Sum Ting Wong?
                              Noh Sah._____

Comment

Working...
                              X