Best online file sharing service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best online file sharing service?

I will need to make accessible to mainland clients a lengthy casting video, probably at least an hour in length. I just took a look at YouSendIt but it appears it allows a 5gb max. size.

In the past I've transferred to DVD and shipped overnight. That's changing now! Any suggestions on how best to share lengthy video over the internet?

Many mahaloz...

Re: Best online file sharing service?

why not create a youtube account, and upload it to there. I am sure there are settings to make it so that only the people you allow can view it.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

The issue with YouTube is that you are limited to 10 minutes of run time per video.

Comment

Thx, Tatt. I have a YouTube account and it'll be my back-up. There are privacy settings but there's a 15 min. time limit on each video. I'm hoping for it to be viewed intact.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Thx, Tatt. I have a YouTube account and it'll be my back-up. There are privacy settings but there's a 15 min. time limit on each video. I'm hoping for it to be viewed intact.
          That is strange, I have full length, hour plus videos saved in my favorites.
          flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
            I've seen it too. But I'm not sure if YouTube is storing that or just hosting it. Or if it takes a higher level account.

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
              Yeah, but when were those hour long videos uploaded?

Up until a couple of years ago, YouTube allowed folks with director accounts to upload hour long (or more) videos, but I believe that is no longer the case. Last I heard, you need to be a YouTube partner in order to be exempt from the 10-15 minute time limit. But as this link shows, there are a number of hoops you have to jump through in order to be qualified for this program.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

How about Dropbox? Put it in your public folder until they grab it, then make it private again if you don't want it exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                  [...]
                  Up until a couple of years ago, YouTube allowed folks with director accounts to upload hour long (or more) videos,
                  A casting director account would sure be nice!
                  but I believe that is no longer the case. Last I heard, you need to be a YouTube partner in order to be exempt from the 10-15 minute time limit. But as this link shows, there are a number of hoops you have to jump through in order to be qualified for this program.
                  20/20 is featuring YouTube partners right now.
                  Originally posted by Pohaku View Post
                  How about Dropbox? Put it in your public folder until they grab it, then make it private again if you don't want it exposed.
                  I just took a quick look and am really interested in pursuing this idea. Thx.

Comment

Dropbox is an outstanding service. Can highly recommend. And you get added free storage if you refer friends. I'm going to be shameless here....if you sign up through this link here http://db.tt/QqKpOac I will get 250Mb extra storage.
                    kiddori

Comment

Another vote for Dropbox. Post your file to the Public section of your folder and you can share files with anyone by giving them the link.

Comment

Working...
                      X