UH Warriors vs UC Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH Warriors vs UC Davis

Hawai‘i comes into Aloha Stadium looking for redemption after a tough 0-2 road trip ending with an embarrassing 20-point loss to UNLV. The Warriors take on FCS team and 26-point underdog UC Davis that gives UH a breather in a marathon 13-game season. But can Greg McMackin afford to let his guard down with his contract extension up in the air, and UH President M.R.C. Greenwood and Chancellor Virginia Henshaw — both former UC Davis administrators — likely taking a keen interest?

The Warriors open up the first half with a four touchdown rally as the UH offense shows why they are difficult to beat at home. Royce Pollard looks to have a career night as Moniz threads the needle to his favorite target.

28-0 Hawai‘i at the end of the 1st quarter.
    Last edited by TuNnL; September 24, 2011, 07:43 PM. Reason: accuracy

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Re: UH Warriors vs UC Davis

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
    28-0 Hawai‘i at the end of the 1st quarter.
    49-0 at halftime.
    Then again, this is UC Davis. My neighborhood kids could beat them.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The Warriors continue their domination in the 2nd quarter as Moniz and Pollard put on a clinic. Alan Sampson, Justin Clapp and Billy Ray Stutzmann all make heads-up receptions with good YAC and Moniz again showing he’s not afraid to run. The biggest improvement over the last game — the Hawai‘i defense, which has prevented UC Davis from stringing together a single drive. Special teams looks okay — no flubs so far. UH out to a commanding lead vs. a goose egg for Aggies as Moniz becomes only the fourth QB in NCAA history to score seven touchdowns in a half.

I quote Likanui, 49-0 Warriors at halftime!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Okay, NOW may I ask the pay-per-view subscribers how Kekaula's doing on the play-by-play?
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

This game and the records mean nothing after stinking up the season with those 2 previous loses that we should have won. The chance of this squad running the rest of the table for a bowl bid is slim, a real disappointment no matter how much improved this year, lot's more work to do and I doubt it's mostly physical.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            Okay, NOW may I ask the pay-per-view subscribers how Kekaula's doing on the play-by-play?
            FYI, Scriv, I only knew the score from seeing it on CNN.com. If they cut the PPV prices in half, or more, I might consider watching. (And by the way, the game replay airs publicly at noon today.)
            Maybe someone else can answer you about Kekaula, or you can watch it at noon.

Comment

I might do that. But the Raiders and Jets are on.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Okay, Scriv, I watched the first half on today's replay. I thought Kekaula and Fernandez did great! Really. Perhaps the best football coverage team I can recall, including a lot of the pros. Obviously they were very upbeat, given the 49-0 halftime score, so it'll be interesting to see how they do when the team is losing. But for what I saw today, I give Kekaula and Fernandez a high 9.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  They were better than I expected. I guess it's the local insecurity we have in speaking the King's English.
                  I went crazy and had UH Warriors minus 41 points. Did I win?
                  That's what I'm takin' about.

Comment

Working...
                  X