Would you relive your life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you relive your life?

Maybe this should have been a poll, but I sometimes wonder how many people have had a lifetime (so far) that they would live over again, without changes, if it were possible. I sure would, but how many others who've lived these best years in history would replay the entire movie, or prefer to forget it all and wait for the sequel?
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Would you relive your life?

Excellent question, Ron.

I am surrounded by people who provide a daily reminder of the life I have lived to date. I would not change a moment of what has passed, for fear of losing a single one of them or the relationship I have with them.

Examples of "bad" that led to "good"? First failed marriage - but that is why I have a marvelous daughter and now a sweet grandchild. Second failed marriage - which taught me what to change about myself, how to make those changes, and helped me become the person that was ready for the joyful long-term relationship I have today --- which also gave me the initial connection to Hawai`i, leading to my finally becoming a musician after a career working with them (and, of course, leading me here to HT).

The capacity to endure the pains I have felt through life have also given me the ability to deeply invest in the things that have provided the greatest joys. Wouldn't change a step on the path that has gotten me there.

Comment

Welcome to the club, Leo.

Comment

Maybe if I could just skip my teenage years....
        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Aw, but that's a different club, Susie. What happened?

Comment

No, not I.

More disaster than celebration. No need to relive it.

K-
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Isn't that like watching a Survivor season a second time? What's the point? Can't remember it? Didn't enjoy it the first time? Or is life so dull now that a repeat looks better than what's soon to come? Anyway you slice it, been there, done that, MOVE ON.
              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Having a second chance at life is a great idea. Sometimes the implementation may need a little reading. The blasted whole gene structure of common retroviruses is storable on a floppy disk. These nasty little bugs cannot read nor go to a library. The human mind will outsmart these little bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                  Or is life so dull now that a repeat looks better than what's soon to come? Anyway you slice it, been there, done that, MOVE ON.
                  Considering that "repeating" isn't even an option, I just wouldn't change what has passed. As for "moving on" - that's what each day gives me the opportunity to do. When that stops, I stop, end of take, all done, so long and thanks for all the fish.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                    Isn't that like watching a Survivor season a second time? What's the point? Can't remember it? Didn't enjoy it the first time? Or is life so dull now that a repeat looks better than what's soon to come? Anyway you slice it, been there, done that, MOVE ON.
                    ...just, wow.
                    Everybody tends to review their life at times, and when I do I'm amazed at my good fortune. That it continues to evolve in ways I approve of, even the lower moments, leaves me knowing I couldn't have written it out better had I been a god. And it saddens me that so few others may have had anything less, but hey, I'm movin' on!

Comment

A second chance....I've been thinking...

Ok. I would have stayed in Mokuleia for the rest of my life.

Oh, wait...you mean do the entire thing over again, just as the first time? Well....maybe. Do I get to remember the first time while I'm doing the re-run?
                      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Maybe a rerun of life with a delete button for those bad life decisions. But before you can delete it, a preview button would allow you to see the ramification of that deletion. You know, cause and effect.

In my life my one real regret was taking the insurance money from my auto accident instead of getting my car fixed several decades ago. Bought a new car which caused me to cut budget corners leading me to rack up credit card debt taking me to bancruptcy. Never quite recovered from that bad 20-something year old mistake decades ago.

Had I fixed my car, I would have owned property in Waialae Nui.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

NO!

Say it was possible...

Choice #1. I still would know the original life. While trying to fix things I did wrong, would end up changing my life anyways.

Choice #2. Don't know the original life. Would miss out on all the good stuff that's happened. And it just may be worse.
                          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            - that's what each day gives me the opportunity to do. When that stops, I stop, end of take, all done, so long and thanks for all the fish.
                            Excellent Douglas Adams' quote!! . I personally wouldn't want a "reshoot" for any segment of my life; not the tough times, nor the tougher times, nor the "baby Jesus what the hell is going on, this is too tough!" times.
                            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                              Excellent Douglas Adams' quote!! . I personally wouldn't want a "reshoot" for any segment of my life; not the tough times, nor the tougher times, nor the "baby Jesus what the hell is going on, this is too tough!" times.
                              Maybe you'd want a rewind of that psycho-landlord segment of your life?
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X