No announcement yet.

Cecilio Rodriguez of C&K, child abuser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cecilio Rodriguez of C&K, child abuser?

I just saw a breaking news item on KITV's newscast. Nothing on their website yet or on the Star-Advertiser's website, but here it is on the Hawaii News Now site.

"Cecilio Rodriguez, of the group Cecilio and Kapono has been arrested in Los Angeles, California.
    Rodriguez was arrested on a warrant by the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department Tuesday evening. He is charged with lewd lascivious acts with a child under 14.Rodriguez was in court on Wednesday and his bail was set at $200,000.
    (...)"

I know, innocent until proven guilty, but.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Cecilio Rodriguez of C&K, child abuser?!

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    I know, innocent until proven guilty, but.
    Doesn't look for good for him. Cecilio was previously arrested for sexual molestation of a young girl on the Big Isle.

If he's convicted,.... not much to say except the man is sick and that the legal system needs to do whatever it takes to ensure that Cecilio is kept away from children for the rest of his life.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      Cecilio was previously arrested for sexual molestation of a young girl on the Big Isle.
      That info shows up now on KITV's website at http://www.kitv.com/news/29334742/detail.html :

"This isn't the first time the well-known singer has faced sexual charges involving a child.
      (...)
      Iin Hawaii, back In 1994, Rodriguez pleaded no contest to a charge of attempted sexual assault and according to state court records, served two days in jail.
      He got a deferred acceptance of guilty plea in that case, meaning if he abided by terms of probation, his record would be wiped clean.
      (...)"

The story is on KHON's website too. Still nothing on the Star-Advertiser's site.

Cecilio and Henry just finished a mainland tour a week ago. Safe to guess that that was the very last time anyone will see C&K perform together.
      Chinky Mahoe has company.

Comment

He got a deferred acceptance of guilty plea in that case, meaning if he abided by terms of probation, his record would be wiped clean.(...)"
        So that explains why he is not registered as a sex offender, nor on the state's sex offender website. Some crimes should just not be eligible for "wiping clean" off a record... such as sex offenses against children.
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Isnt that awkward when Henry is at Disneyland with his kids when he gets the news about Cecilio getting busted yet again.

I'm somewhat surprised that another person arrested in local media wasn't mentioned here a week or so ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
            I'm somewhat surprised that another person arrested in local media wasn't mentioned here a week or so ago.
            Are you talking about TB? There wasn't a whole lot of detail about that as far as I could see.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

(quoting from KITV) ...He got a deferred acceptance of guilty plea in that case, meaning if he abided by terms of probation, his record would be wiped clean...
              I wonder what his "terms of probation" were, how long a period of time they covered, and if the current circumstance violated them. If so, the previous case will be restored to his record, making this a second offense.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                Are you talking about TB? There wasn't a whole lot of detail about that as far as I could see.
                Maybe because "TB" doesn't have anywhere near the fame and accomplishments of Cecilio. (Heck, is there a reason why we just can't come out and say this person's name? It was already mentioned in the news. )

As to Cecilio being able to escape from being placed on the state's sex offender registry after his arrest in 1994, what I have to say is,......

This is a total f--- up and bigtime FAIL on the part of Hawaii's legal system.

If we're not embarrassed as a state, we damn well should be! Letting CR off with a couple of days in jail and probation, gave him an opportunity to destroy the childhood of two more girls in California.

I can't think of anything more to say. For once, I am left speechless as to the ineptitude of Hawaii's justice system.
                Last edited by Frankie's Market; September 29, 2011, 12:31 PM.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Who is TB?

Anyway, big update on Cecilio's story at http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...130806518.html , and here are some interesting parts, including a statement from Henry Kapono:

"Entertainer Cecilio Rodriguez has pleaded not guilty to charges of sex crimes against two children, going back 14 years in Los Angeles, according to court documents.
                  Rodriguez, 66, was arrested Tuesday in Los Angeles for allegedly committing a sex crime against two girls, who were both under age 14 at the time. The two-count felony complaint against Rodriguez said the first alleged sex crime occurred with an underage girl between Nov. 6, 1997, and Nov. 5, 1999. The second occurred between May 6, 1996, and May 5, 1998.
                  The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office said Rodriguez faces a maximum imprisonment of 10 years if convicted.
                  Rodriguez, of the group Cecilio & Kapono, is being held on $200,000 bail in the Los Angeles County Jail after entering a not guilty plea Wednesday in Compton Municipal Court. He was represented by a public defender at the hearing. The arrest warrant said that Rodriguez is also known as “Uncle K.” His preliminary hearing will be set at his next court appearance on Oct. 13.
                  (...)
                  Rodriguez was convicted of attempted sexual assault 17 years ago in Hawaii. He pleaded no contest to attempted sexual assault in the second degree in 1994 and was sentenced to one year in jail, 500 hours of community service and mandatory participation in a sex-offender treatment program.
                  (...)
                  Kapono issued a statement this morning expressing surprise at the arrest.
                  “I am currently on vacation at Disneyland with my family and have just recently learned about Cecilio’s arrest in Los Angeles,” he said. “I have received many calls from media and friends. I have not spoken with him and only know what has been reported in the media. I did not see this coming. I am saddened for Cecilio and heart broken for the family involved. My heart and prayers go out to them.”

Comment

Such a bummer that people we respect for other reasons get dragged down by their anti-social activities of which we had litlew or no knowledge.

Hey, the music is still good, so let us revel in that. If he was epileptic, chronically obese, had bi-polar disorder or cancer, we would still treasure the musical gifts he gave us.

So, enjoy the music, support the group. Perhaps some expensive counseling will help- so don';t desert support for the music, kay?

Aloha means we don't desert ohana who need help just because we don't like what they do. He is fixable.

K-ono-He
                    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                    ~ ~
                    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      I wonder what his "terms of probation" were, how long a period of time they covered, and if the current circumstance violated them. If so, the previous case will be restored to his record, making this a second offense.
                      Part of the terms were regular scheduled polygraph exams. A close friend of mine was administering those exams. I personally saw Cecilio coming out of his office on several occasions - at least he did adhere to those terms. but I don't know how long the exams went on since they started before I came back to town.
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I'm curious as to why the girls in California waited more than 10 years to have charges filed? This current charge relates to something that happened in 1997-98.
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                          I'm curious as to why the girls in California waited more than 10 years to have charges filed? This current charge relates to something that happened in 1997-98.
                          Only the alleged victims can state a definitive answer to that question. But when you review numerous cases of people subjected to sexual abuse as children, you'll find some common motivations among the victims who chose to keep silent about their struggles for many years.

1) At the time the victimization took place, the mental/emotional trauma is much too intense to deal with.

2) The victims aren't able to tell anyone about what has happened due to feelings of shame, humiliation, and guilt. Those feelings can linger on for a long, long time.

3) Some children even "consent" to sexual advances from adults, due to troubled circumstances. For example, maybe they come from a broken home where they are unloved/neglected by their parents. They fill this emotional void by accepting inappropriate advances from an adult predator.

4) Fear of not being believed by family members. This is especially common among children who have been assaulted by their relatives.

5) Fear of threats/retaliation from the predator if they spoke out. Definitely not uncommon for 8 or 9 year olds to be terrified by threats.

How and when victims come to terms with horrific events from the past varies from person to person, of course. This is why states like California allows people who claim to have been sex abuse victims as children to report their attackers to the police as late as age 28.

Comment

So....

He didn't re-offend after his (short) jail term. He hasn't been accused of re-offending. These new charges stem from before he was accused and found guilty of the first offense.

So maybe you could say that he has been 'rehabilitated', as he has not re-offended since his (short) prison time.

He may be guilty of these new crimes. He may do (short) time for them. But he hasn't re-offended. Pre-offended, maybe, but not re-offended.
                            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

susie - the new charges are from incidents starting in 1997, about 3 years AFTER the case here on Big Island.
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                              X