No announcement yet.

Cecilio Rodriguez of C&K, child abuser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cecilio Rodriguez of C&K, child abuser?

*Speechless*

Will enjoy the music till the day I die though... has just been such a part of me for sooo long already. What can be said about such lame actions that don't make sense.. other than sorry for the girls having to deal with what happened.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Re: Cecilio Rodriguez of C&K, child abuser

* bump *

Breaking news at this link includes this:

Cecilio Rodriguez pleads no contest in molestation cases

Cecilio Rodriguez, a popular Hawaiian singer, today was given a six-year suspended sentence after pleading no contest to sexually molesting two young sisters in Los Angeles 14 years ago.
      (...)
      Judge Hahn ordered Rodriguez to serve 365 days in jail and 52 weeks of sexual offender counseling and placed him on five years formal probation. If he violates his probation, he face the full six-year state prison term. He will report to Los Angeles County Jail on March 1.
      (...)
      Rodriguez, who was arrested in Hawaii in 1992 for similar assaults on two girls, also was ordered to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life. Roxas said Rodriguez pleaded during a regular court appearance, meaning it was not part of a plea agreement.

So Cecilio has to spend at least one year in jail. Too bad kinky Chinky Mahoe wasn't tried in California too.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
        Will enjoy the music till the day I die though... has just been such a part of me for sooo long already.
        Except my good feelings about the music will be haunted by the thought of Cecilio being a child molester, and I know that will ruin the songs for me in the end.

Too bad for Kapono, he'll feel the financial ramifications of being linked to recordings that were done in partnership with such a loser. I know I will never buy another C&K anything. I'll have to concentrate on the new Henry Kapono good stuff!
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          So Cecilio has to spend at least one year in jail. Too bad kinky Chinky Mahoe wasn't tried in California too.
          Considering that this was actually his second brush with child molestation, Cecilio is fortunate,..... very fortunate, to get off with this kind of sentence.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Media reports always say that child molesters are usually the most hated by other prisoners and are usually treated pretty roughly in jail, so even his single year should be... oh, let's say "uncomfortable."
            The story was the lead item on tonight's TV news.

Comment

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=142097883

Musician Cecilio Rodriguez, once part of the duo known as Cecilio & Kapono, began serving his one-year prison sentence today, after pleading no contest to sexually molesting two young sisters in Los Angeles.

Compton Superior Court Judge Gary Hahn sentenced Rodriguez, 67, on Jan. 27 to one year in jail and five years probation on Jan. 27. Hahn also ordered Rodriguez to complete 52 weeks of sexual offender counseling. If he violates his probation, he faces completing the six-year prison term.
              Much as I enjoyed C & K's music, I hope there is NEVER another "reunion" and that Kapono breaks his professional relationship with child molester Cecilio forever.

Comment

Great comments from readers at the bottom of that story, too.
                And I just saw this on the TV news. Interesting that Cecilio checked in to jail today looking totally different. He's now totally bald and has a very gray goatee. Maybe he thinks his new look will discourage potential... um... well, you know.

Comment

Read the article, comments too and agree with the outrage towards Cecilio.

C&K's music will still be a part of my life because of what it means to 'me'.
                  Though I disrespect what he's done.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                    So Cecilio has to spend at least one year in jail.
                    No, he didn't. In fact, he didn't even have to spend half that time behind bars.

Cecilio Rodriguez released from prison early.

He was released in mid July after serving about 5 months.

Officials did not say why he was released.
                    I guess California's justice system is just as screwed up as Hawaii's.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

The original sentence of one year in jail and no mention of restitution to the young women, was minimal punishment from the start. Then getting let out after only five months, sheesh.

Comment

http://sexoffender.ncsbi.gov/details.aspx?SRN=023235S4

Seems he is living in North Carolina nowadays, registered there for an out-of-state conviction. (He's not listed in Hawaii or Calif. sex offender registries.)

Comment

I guess Cecilio ain't showing up for this huh?

http://www.grammymuseum.org/events/d...ei-in-la-event

Comment

Working...
                          X