No announcement yet.

Cecilio Rodriguez of C&K, child abuser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cecilio Rodriguez of C&K, child abuser?!

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
    So....

He didn't re-offend after his (short) jail term. He hasn't been accused of re-offending. These new charges stem from before he was accused and found guilty of the first offense.[...]
    Possibly I'm misunderstanding you, but the first offense was in 1994. It was wiped from his record. The new accusations are for 1997-98.
    I wonder if that's a short enough time to restore the 1994 case to his record should he be found guilty in this latest case.

Kaonohi...epilepsy, obesity, mental disorders and cancer just aren't in the same league as child abuse. Apples and oranges. I wouldn't wish any of 'em on anyone, however.

Comment

Re: Cecilio Rodriguez of C&K, child abuser?

Rodriguez pleads not guilty to molesting two sisters
      At the time these crimes allegedly occurred Rodriguez was on probation for a separate attempted sexual assault case. He plead no contest on the Big Island in 1994.

As part of his probation he was supposed to stay out of trouble for 10 years and complete a sex offender treatment program. He spent two days in jail after getting credit for time already served.
      The charging documents have been posted online through Google Docs:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...kNGRj&hl=en_US

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        Are you talking about TB? There wasn't a whole lot of detail about that as far as I could see.
        Yes. I never saw anything other than the day the SA had it on the breaking news, if more information (via tv or SA) has been reported I may have missed it. I agree TB isn't as well known as Cecilio, but still surprised it wasn't mentioned anywhere over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post

How and when victims come to terms with horrific events from the past varies from person to person, of course. This is why states like California allows people who claim to have been sex abuse victims as children to report their attackers to the police as late as age 28.
          FM-

Do you know why the state of California chose the age of 28, why that specific age? Curious?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
            Who is TB?
            Traffic Backup on the H1?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
              Do you know why the state of California chose the age of 28, why that specific age? Curious?
              Ten years after becoming an adult? Seems reasonable to me for offences against a minor. What's the statute of limitations for sex offences in general?

Comment

Basically, that gives victims of sex abuse as children a 10 year window to press charges against their predator upon reaching adulthood.

I don't think such a statute of limitation is unreasonable, considering the factors I brought up in my previous post about why so many sex abuse victims keep silent. Adult predators are quick to take advantage of any vulnerabilities displayed by children, in order to commit their crime without any reprisal. So if predators are going to have the "advantage" over their victims as children, it's only fair play to give such victims a more level playing field. The statute of limitations allow these children the opportunity to reach maturity and to bring forth charges when they are on an equal footing with their predator on a mental and physical level.

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Possibly I'm misunderstanding you, but the first offense was in 1994. It was wiped from his record. The new accusations are for 1997-98.
                I wonder if that's a short enough time to restore the 1994 case to his record should he be found guilty in this latest case.
                According to a local attorney interviewed by KHON, the answer to that is no.

In 1994, Rodriguez was accused of sexually assaulting a young girl on the Big Island but was granted a "deferred acceptance of no contest plea."

"He received a 10-year deferral period which is like a 10-year probation period," said local criminal defense attorney David Hayakawa. "When you are finished with that 10-year-old period and order is issued and the case is then dismissed so that case is pau."

Hayakawa says even though the recent accusations happened during that probation probation period, the '94 case is dismissed and his record wiped clean.

"It doesn't matter where and what time," he said. "He's followed the conditions which means includes remaining and conviction free then the case is dismissed and once its dismissed it's pau. You cannot back track and bring up even old things once that 10-year period expired."
                Mr. Hayakawa is a lawyer. I am not. When it comes to interpreting the letter of the law, he's the expert.

But one does not need a JD to realize that Mr. Hayakawa's interpretation of the law does not translate to justice.

Where is the justice in a sex predator who is supposed to be on "probation" being able to escape from responsibility for victimizing (yet again) more children who are vulnerable and can be manipulated into remaining silent for many years?

Hayakawa does state, however, that the loophole CR used to stay off the state's sex offender registry is now closed.

Hayakawa says because Rodriguez was granted a deferral he did not have to register as a sex offender. Hayakawa says state laws have drastically changed since 1994. Accused offenders can no longer defer a felony sex case in Hawaii.
                And for that, everyone should be grateful.... except it didn't come in time for two girls in California.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

So I ask the question that has not been answered yet, "Who is TB?"
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Taizo Braden
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

there is a huge difference though, in what they are accused of. Domestic Violence vs Child Molestation which is worse?
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                        there is a huge difference though, in what they are accused of. Domestic Violence vs Child Molestation which is worse?
                        I'm not going to debate whether one offense is worse than the other.

I don't think all the details of TB's case is out, point is I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned earlier.

Comment

[...]
                          I don't think all the details of TB's case is out, point is I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned earlier.
                          Someone on HNN's Facebook page has been taunting HNN to report on the story. Dunno if those comments are still posted, tho'! I wonder how it's been kept so quiet. Regardless, Taizo's not on the air.

Comment

Someone on HNN's Facebook page has been taunting HNN to report on the story. Dunno if those comments are still posted, tho'! I wonder how it's been kept so quiet. Regardless, Taizo's not on the air.
                            http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...130896603.html

This is a traffic update.

Comment

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...130896603.html

Case closed I guess.

Comment

Uh-oh, more Breaking News about Cecilio at this link:

"(...)
                                Based on their investigation, detectives from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Special Victims Bureau believe there may be more victims, including in Hawaii, authorities said today.
                                (...)"

And regarding the charges filed last week:

"(...)
                                The women are family friends with the Hawaiian entertainer. One of the victims told Los Angeles County Sheriff's detectives the abuse occurred in Carson, Calif. The girls were 5 and 8 years old at the time, Carson police said.
                                Carson police said the allegations of sexual abuse were not revealed until earlier this year when the father of one of the women asked her to deliver a package to the Rodriguez's home in Hawaii. The victim then told her father of the abuse by Rodriguez.
                                (...)"

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X